How to configure tikona with adsl2+ router (Dlink DSL-2750U)

• Thread starter Thread starter mandeamit
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 105
  • Views Views 137,362
Geekays.Net said:
Great news!
As the router is critical for my work, I shall not flash it today. Thursday evening will be a good time as it is followed by the long weekend.
Thanks a lot.
Regards,
Kangkan
Hey!
I just flashed my router. It is working fine except one thing at this moment.
Issue: I still need to login to TIKONA page (1.254.254.254) and so limited to two devices only.
I am yet to play around with the other ways. Do let me know if you can give some hint to the issue.
Regards.

Have you configured it as an ethernet router and using the LAN4 port as your WAN port? Using NAT in the WAN service settings? If you do that, Tikona will be able to see only one device as being connected. All your other devices will be behind the router and invisible to Tikona. I think you're using it as a switch at this moment.
Edit: Here's what you'll need to do.
After creating the ethernet interface (with default mode) under Adv setup-Layer 2 interface, go to WAN service and add service for eth0/LAN4. , choose ip over ethernet, in the next page let the setting remain at Obtain an IP address automatically, in the next page check option to enable NAT, in the next page move eth0 from available to selected gateway interface and remove ppp0 from selected, in the next page do the same for DNS and finally apply/save. Then in adv setup - 3g connection select primary uplink as ethernet. Connect your Tikona ethernet cable to LAN4 port of the router and you should be good to go.

Manoj Mathew said:
Have you configured it as an ethernet router and using the LAN4 port as your WAN port? Using NAT in the WAN service settings? If you do that, Tikona will be able to see only one device as being connected. All your other devices will be behind the router and invisible to Tikona. I think you're using it as a switch at this moment.
Edit: Here's what you'll need to do.
After creating the ethernet interface (with default mode) under Adv setup-Layer 2 interface, go to WAN service and add service for eth0/LAN4. , choose ip over ethernet, in the next page let the setting remain at Obtain an IP address automatically, in the next page check option to enable NAT, in the next page move eth0 from available to selected gateway interface and remove ppp0 from selected, in the next page do the same for DNS and finally apply/save. Then in adv setup - 3g connection select primary uplink as ethernet. Connect your Tikona ethernet cable to LAN4 port of the router and you should be good to go.
I have enabled net. And also I have added Ethernet only, no ppp0 (ATM interface) only ETH. In WAN, I opted for IP over Ethernet as in the following instruction as per the doc (link I provided in an earlier post):
1. Open Internet Explorer and type http://192.168.1.1 on the address bar. Type “admin”on both the username and password field.
2. Click Advanced Setup > Layer 2 Interface > ETH interface. Click Add.
3. Under ETH WAN configuration, select Default Mode. Click Apply/ Save
4. Click Advanced Setup > WAN Service. Click Next.
5. Under WAN Service configuration, select IP over Ethernet, click next.
6. Under WAN/ IP Settings click next.
7. Under Network Address Translation, select Enable NAT, click next.
8. Under routing- Default Gateway, click next.
9. Under DNS Server Configuration, click next.
[font="calibri;"][SIZE=11pt]10. Under WAN/ Setup Summary, click Apply/ Save.[/font][/SIZE]
[font="calibri;"][SIZE=11pt]Now, in the router I do not have the login details for TIKONA and when I connect from my client, I get the login page (1.254.254.254).[/font][/SIZE]
[font="calibri;"][SIZE=11pt]I tried to follow these, but could not connect to TIKONA or internet:[/font][/SIZE]
1. Open Internet Explorer and type http://192.168.1.1 on the address bar. Type “admin”on both the username and password field.
2. Click Advanced Setup > Layer 2 Interface > ETH interface. Click Add.
3. Under ETH WAN configuration, select Default Mode. Click Apply/ Save
4. Click Advanced Setup > WAN Service. Click Next.
5. Under WAN Service configuration, select PPP over Ethernet, click next.
6. Under PPP Username and password, type the username and password provided by your ISP. Click next.
6. Under routing- Default Gateway, click next.
7. Under DNS Server Configuration, click next.
8 . Under WAN/ Setup Summary, click Apply/ Save.
Give some hint that might help.
Also, I see my internet connection becomes unavailable at times.
Regards,

In the gateway and DNS steps is eth0 under selected default or does it remain under available? Did you change primary uplink to ethernet as I said?
Ip over ethernet not ppp over ethernet, which have you done? If the router does not relay DNS, you should manually set DNS on the PC. Manually assign DNS on the PC as 8.8.8.8 and 208.67.220.220

Manoj Mathew said:
In the gateway and DNS steps is eth0 under selected default or does it remain under available? Did you change primary uplink to ethernet as I said?
Ip over ethernet not ppp over ethernet, which have you done? If the router does not relay DNS, you should manually set DNS on the PC. Manually assign DNS on the PC as 8.8.8.8 and 208.67.220.220
In the gateway, I get eth0 under selected default. Also, I changed primary uplink to Ethernet.
In WAN, I selected IPover Ethernet (not PPP).

After you do all this do you get the login page from the PC?
Ok, so you're saying that even after doing all this you're still getting access from 2 devices only? Are you sure you've connected the cable to LAN4? The way it's supposed to work is after setting it up you still get the login page from the first PC that you try to connect. After that all devices should be able to connect without issues as for Tikona, it still seems to come from the same device ie the mac address and ip of your router. Also try putting MSFT 5.0 in option 60 by editing your WAN service.
You can seek further help here as your device is now an ethernet router and Tikona does work properly with such routers http://forum.tikona.in/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=119 I had no issues getting it to work with ethernet WAN, though of course it was not with Tikona that I tried.

Manoj Mathew said:
After you do all this do you get the login page from the PC?
Ok, so you're saying that even after doing all this you're still getting access from 2 devices only? Are you sure you've connected the cable to LAN4? The way it's supposed to work is after setting it up you still get the login page from the first PC that you try to connect. After that all devices should be able to connect without issues as for Tikona, it still seems to come from the same device ie the mac address and ip of your router. Also try putting MSFT 5.0 in option 60 by editing your WAN service.
You can seek further help here as your device is now an ethernet router and Tikona does work properly with such routers http://forum.tikona.in/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=119 I had no issues getting it to work with ethernet WAN, though of course it was not with Tikona that I tried.
Thanks Manoj for contimuously following up.
I just checked from another laptop, and found that I need not login from the other one, once I login from at least one. And the MAC at Tikona end is the one from my router.
So everything going fine.
Thanks.

Back