How to connect Beam cable Broadband to a wireless router

• Thread starter Thread starter jagdish_p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 105,275
Anyone using Netgear WGR614v9 with auto login ?

Anyone using Netgear WGR614v9 with auto login ? yes.

If you want to use with "BEAM" select DynamicIP.
(Presume no model supplied by "BEAM" Just Rj45 and you
Feedback.

I pestered Beam support and they remediated the router login issue to a certain extent.As most of you guys have been commenting here, only some router models were supporting PPPOE authentication for BEAM Internet while the others had to use the Dynamic IP setup on the router and then enter the login details on the redirection webpage that shows up when you try to use internet services.What BEAM did for me is, Bound my router's MAC address on their Authentication system for it to login automatically each time it is switched ON. Note that i am still not using PPPOE authentication on my router. It's in Dynamic mode but BEAM logs me in automatically as soon as they see the MAC address of my router.Now one would ask me what if my router is dead and i want to connect BEAM directly to my PC. Yes, that works too but again in the normal fashion. I.e. redirect to the login page and i have to authenticate manually.The catch here is that if i change my router, i have to pester them again and get the new mac address added or i will have to do the manual login until that is done. Their first line support obviously does not understand any of this gibberish, so i got their technician to visit my place first and let him play with my router for a good 30 mins. I sat back and relaxed while he was resetting my router and doing all kinds of crap. He then told me that the router might have a problem etc etc.I didn't budge and he then called into their Data center (IDC as they call it) and the people there figured out what i wanted and did the mac binding thing.Now that we know they are able to do this, everyone can start pestering.Good luck!

[SIZE=11pt]I am using Beam Internet connection with speed of 1 mbps in Hyderabad[/SIZE]. I will upgrade to 4 mbps or 10 mbps by next month.

My Objective is to share the Beam Internet through wireless/Wifi to my Android/BB Phones and ethernet to desktop.
At present I am able to connect only one by plugging in directly the RJ45 of the Beam cable to the ethernet port of PC.
what is the hardware/Wireless Router that i have to buy..... Am using the desktop which is not wifi capable .

will there be a problem to configure wireless router with desktop pc which is not wifi capable . If yes , how do i solve it???
Am not tech savvy...... am little poor in tech words...... and suggest me wireless routers under Rs. 1500/-.........
The Beam broad band connection procedure:

Connect the RJ45 jack to the ethernet port of the computer.
Open the broser.
A dynamic IP gets assigned to the computer and a login screen pops up where we enter the uesr name and password.
----
Thanks
Abram

I am using beam telecom in Hyderabad ,
Objective is to share the Beam Internet via wifi to my Android and BB Phones .
so i am looking to purchase Router ......
My Doubt is , Do i need to purchase Wireless Router with Modem or Without Modem....
As beam internet comes without modem and with just Rj45 cable ...... So i am little confused...
please suggest me best wifi router under 1500/-

Hi All,
I have a question regarding wi-fi using Beam. I have managed to set up wifi using a Netgear N 150 router. The problem I am facing is that I cannot connect more than one device at a time to the wifi. I have the wifi connected to my laptop but when I try to connect my smartphone the login page again comes up in the browser. When I log in through the smartphone, the connection to the laptop is reset.
How do you go about connecting multiple devices to the wifi?

Back