How to connect Beam cable Broadband to a wireless router

• Thread starter Thread starter jagdish_p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 105,275
What's exact issue you faced with previous firmware version? Is it only with download master feature?

download master did not work at all with any firmware that i have installed. My other problem was that the automatic login was not working for beam cable. With the 2.0.1.1, every three days i had to reset the router and with 2.0.2.0 the auto login never worked.

When the automatic login was not working...i tried to install DD-WRT firmware several times but router was giving error messages that read "Failed to upload firmware. Please check the connection between the router and computer"Did you face any such problems ?

This happens when multiple network adapters were enabled. On my laptop I have VPN, loopback adapter installed. i got same message. When I tried to install from other laptop without other network adapters it worked. Also firewall and anti virus needs to be disabled

Well thanks for the reply man..... for me DD-WRT just did not get installed. I have Win 7 64bit machine with 8GB RAM. I have only one network adaptor and that is that onboard LAN card card...i did disable the Firewall and also antivirus and still it did not work. Tried to do on a Win XP machine and the upload failed on that as well.

Some points to check :Did you use static IP?Is the router in recovery mode?Are you properly doing 30-30-30 reset?

Only LAN cable from your machine to router should be connected.

1) Power on the router
2) Press the reset button with pen tip. Hold it for 30 seconds. Remove the power connection while still holding the reset button. Wait for 30 seconds. Power the router and wait till 30 sec. For this complete step reset button should be pressed.

You can also see this link Hard reset or 30/30/30 - DD-WRT Wiki

Back