How to file a complaint about spam SMS/Call now?

Anybody using Tata Docomo in Mumbai who has successfully registered a SPAM complaint on SMS? So far I have been unsuccessful. I have sent the SMS in the required format: "COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX;25/09/12;13:23;SPAM message" to 1909. I get a reply from 1909 "Your request received."But after this I get a generic SMS from Docomo stating: "For a detailed list of keywords, SMS the following to 121. For bill and duplicate bill HELP BILL,for Value Added services like call conference, Call..contd Me tunes, etc. HELP VAS, for credit limit CL, to activate Do Not Disturb service START DND, to deactivate STOP DND to 1909. Please call 121 for help. TATA Docomo"Looks like they are avoiding registering complaints. Or is it just me?? Thanks for responding!

U should be getting the Unique Complaint Number from ur service provider after tht generic message ..
Tht number can be used to check the status of ur complain at Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Portal
I get the complain number within 15-20 mins of me sending the message to 1909 .. I am on vodafone so not sure abt Docomo ..
But they should be sending u the complain number too .. Call docomo customer care and ask abt it..

Thanks hitman, I am aware of this process. I just wanted feedback from other Docomo users from Mumbai if they are getting any response with a Unique Complaint Number?Thanks for clarifying the process though. May help others.

Airtel is being ridiculous.. I am getting several messages that spam sms reported late hence no action taken. Some serious problems with Airtel.

http://www.readability.com/articles/v4jk8ci0

TRAI is still trying to control the spam text menace.

The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (Trai) on Thursday discussed a proposal to impose five paise as termination charge on each transactional or promotional short message service (SMS) and two paise on each normal SMS on operators from whose networks the message originates.
Trai also discussed the idea of permitting telecom companies to charge for roaming through a "special tariff voucher". Subscribers would have to pay an upfront charge every month to avail of free roaming. The practice now is to levy roaming charges on calls or SMSes made from outside the home circle.

chromaniac said:
Airtel now tells you the operator name which disconnects the spammer's number.
Good. But it seems most spam calls were by Tata/Reliance (Landline?) numbers :)
As per my experience, I get spam calls mostly from mobiles by Aircel/MTS/Uninor.
BTW when I complained to Vodafone in sms format, they said to install call blocker as they can't help regarding calls coming from other numbers if DND is activated. With DND only promotional calls from them (Vodafone) would be stopped.

Back