How to get extended warranty on VU TVs?

I have seen Vu tv at Vijay sales as well (2yrs back - dont know abt now)

right. vijay sales and croma should have them both. worth checking out to see display quality. but of course, they are not going to help you if your tv develop faults 10 days after purchase.

I thought Vu sells extended warranty from their website itself. Onsite and jeeves (the people that come for installation if Tv is bought online) also sell extended warranty

Yes I sent them email and got extended warranty. (1+2yrs=total 3yrs)

A friend had some fault in his VU LED and he contacted the customer support. They process the complaint quickly and the service rep came over to his house to replace the television.

Vu seems to have removed the option to get extended warranty from their own website.

@Nishant enquired and was given a number to call the person responsible for warranties. He had asked for someone else. So he forwarded that number. Not sure what happened after that :D

Meanwhile... My dad's TV after getting replaced 2 (or was it 3?) times seems to be doing well. Touchwood. I still have 1.5 years of extended warranty left I believe. Though I am not sure if they would replace the TV with a new unit if I try to make use of it.

I should mention here that the first (and second?) replacement were the same model. The latest unit was a different model (had different air vents at the back) so I am guessing the unit that seems to be doing much better was a newer variant.

Also worth noticing here that they recently updated the 40" (the one I have) unit with the 2017 edition which I guess is an even newer variant so they might be working on improving panel quality on these newer versions.

But of course, it is always a risk with LCD TVs. Cheaper models are likely to develop defects like dark spots at a faster pace. I also have an old Samsung LCD TV which has similar dark patches. Incidentally, it also has a crack on the display :P so there's that. Seems to be working well otherwise.

It was for a cousin who bought the TV and was looking forward to buy the extended warranty when it suddenly disappeared from their website. Have pinged him asking for updates. Will post here when he replies.

Back