• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 15,475

skorpio1

Regulars
ISP
MTNL TriB200 :: 2048/512
Its been almost 2 years now that I've been paying Rs80+taxes every month
and as u've guessed I've paid more than what a new ADSL modem would cost me.

Has anyone in MUMBAI actually returned the modem to MTNL and got his own equipment?

I'm asking coz a guy I know, tried to return his Modem and the MTNL guys thought he was surrendering his Triband Connection.

They took back his modem,but charged him rent for 3 months for the modem he returned 3 months earlier.(Accounts TR and Triband have no coordination)
Then when he followed up,they buggers actually disconnected his Triband acc thinking he has surrendered his Triband connection.
Also they gave no written doc saying Modem was returned on XYZ date.So they want him to pay for the modem they misplaced.
Now he has no triband coz they put him at the bottom of the TRIBAND waiting list..... and thats already several months long.

Bechara Pagal ho gaya hai....Running from 1500 to 1504 to his Local exchange , to his WEST-3 Area exchange(to meet the accounts officer)

The Aunties at 1504 have no idea and tell me to go to the exchange
and I'm scared the same fate awaits me.

80 bucks a month aint too expensive,but over the last 2 years think of how much i overpaid MTNL>>> I desperately wanna get my own Wireless router,not MTNL's stuff

well, my friend jus got BB installed and he was told that after using the modem for 3 years, he won't need to return it....to return, u need to visit sanchar haat...

yes, you have to submit an application in Sanchar hut stating that u need not need the modem anymore and also state the reason for returning it.

he is in mumbai :pmy suggestion is just continue with MTNL modem. what if u buy new own modem for 1500 and MTNL starts offering rent waiver for customer having triband for more than 2yrs?1500 more rs = almost 1 and half year of advance rent.

well, its always a better idea to sitck with the modem provided by mntl coz in case if anything goes with the modem then it takes a lot of time to get it serviced if u bought it from a vendor while if its a rented modem from MTNL then they wud come and replace it for free of cost in 2 days time.

does MTNL replace the AC adapter as well if it goes bad?

I just got my old D-Link replaced with a wifi router. Took no more than 3 days.If you're in Mumbai 10 (Mazgaon Exchange), contact Mr. Rodrigues.

@Amish^
its been over 2 years now and thats Rs80*24=1920 plus 12%service tax and thats 5 times the Rs400 i'd pay for a new Internal ADSL modem at lamington rd with 1 yr warranty
But the problem is I need wireless modem now and I dont wanna take a MTNL modem anymore

Went to Exchange (QCS in mumbai,Haat in Nayi Dilli)today and talked to the Aunty at the Triband table.
She said "malum nahi, talk to Engrs upstairs in Triband dept or 1504"
1504 says go to exchange,but Guard did not allow me to go Upstairs, said Customers not allowed no matter which aunty says whatever
Directed me towards these numbers for TRIBAND queries stuck inside the QCS
Mr Prasad 28684444 (My area TB chief)
Mr Singh 28682000/28692000 (Exchange head)

Office hrs always busy(Number Vyast hai, thodi der baad...), and after office hrs it just keeps ringing.

MTNL hai to kabhi kabhi Suicide ya Murder ;karne ka man karta hai

oh internal ADSL modem only for 400Rs? are u sure?btw abt wireless modem, my friend went to exchange (goregaon) and asked i want to change current modem with wifi, wud u do it in 30mins, and they agreed. so just one visit and within 30min MTNL gave him wifi modem and no upfront payment. 300Rs deposit (800-500) wud be added in bill and 100Rs/month rent.

Back