How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
I am in office rite now.... will check at night at home.

Is that you Naveen? Seriously?

:suspicion:

I am in nowhere near to even initiating a download on pirated W8 copy :p. I just asking it coz , if at all I need to try it , or later MS releases a patch ( very less) / SP to clear those nudges for KB+mouse UI , I might give it a TRY.. So at that time , i dont want to install a pirated one , so 699 Rs is not a bad price , considering , MS OS cost a lot.

Also its even more apparent that MS is very desperate( TV ADS) to push people on installing W8...
But again , I see no reason to install it , expect that gaming wise , i saw reports that W8 is faster.

Or in case i can sell it later :D :D and make profit....

Yes... you can buy it, and install it later or not install it at all.

Thanks

Microsoft guys are just awesome. Just copy all setup files in to root directory of your pen drive. and select boot from Pen drive from boot menu. (F-12) It worked perfectly.I have installed 10 copies of windows 8 Pro like this only.(In Office)Even linux guys also not having this type of feature. Every time i have to use ubuntu to create bootable pen drive for Ubuntu / Fedora installations.

but how to make a bootable pen drive or a dvd?
U don't have to do anything ..
After the download is finished ..The setup will ask u to create a media for the files downloaded ..
Just select wht u wanna choose.. pen drive or dvd ..

It will copy the files on the pendrive or dvd.. and will make it bootable too ..

Microsoft guys are just awesome. Just copy all setup files in to root directory of your pen drive. and select boot from Pen drive from boot menu. (F-12) It worked perfectly.

I have installed 10 copies of windows 8 Pro like this only.(In Office)

Even linux guys also not having this type of feature. Every time i have to use ubuntu to create bootable pen drive for Ubuntu / Fedora installations.

Are you sure about this? How can a pen drive boot if there is no boot record written to the MBR ? Maybe the pen drive you tried was used as a Windows 7 install media before and probably had a bootrecord written to it's MBR.