How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
Hah! Apna kaam swayam karo.

right. you should be careful about talking about your pirate activities online.

please bhai logo. good for you that you were able to upgrade from pirate but do not express joy here for doing so because it is sort of i am not sure not a good idea?

LOL. If Microsoft is allowing pirated versions to be upgraded officially for such a dirt cheap price then it is a bit of an irritating idea too for a person like me as a genuine user would need to pay nearly ten times the price of the OS for being honest and genuine with Microsoft whereas a pirated user will install it for one-tenth of the price. I understand if it is an illegal installation or crack but Microsoft if it is intentionally allowing it by any chance then it is definitely not fair. :P

well you cannot really tell if it is a trap. what if they disable such copies after verifying them at a later stage? i would personally not pay 1999 to upgrade a pirated copy unless it is OFFICIALLY supported by microsoft (not technically).

well you cannot really tell if it is a trap. what if they disable such copies after verifying them at a later stage? i would personally not pay 1999 to upgrade a pirated copy unless it is OFFICIALLY supported by microsoft (not technically).
But Rs.699 seems to be worth coz even they found out later they can keep the amt as i have used their product for more than a decade for FREE.:Thank You: It's payback time:tongue:

I agree. I would probably for the Windows 8 retail version i.e. System Builder when it comes out. You mentioned that you have a friend working at Microsoft and might be able to offer a better price. Kindly ask him the price for the System Builder if he receives the same. You can PM or email me the pricing information if you receive the same. Maybe he could provide me a better deal. ;) I am seeing a lot of good pricing in Ebay.com BTW for full version but they are not yet available in India. Somebody seems to be providing a good pricing on Ebay India too and saying himself to be a Microsoft Certified Partner. But someone like your friend who is most trusted is always a better choice. :)

i would post prices of the retail copy through microsoft employees when i get a figure from him. but he does not like to idea of selling it to strangers as if the build is leaked he would get targeted for the same. as any purchase from the company store are connected to his employee id. :)usa price is supposed to be around 140 dollars from newegg. 140 dollars come to around 7500 rupees.

Sure. Please post or at least PM or email me the prices. BTW being a member of this forum for more than a year, I am not a complete stranger :P . I would never leak a copy anyways as I would never purchase legally if I need to do that. :P If nothing sorts out, I would probably go for the Windows 8 version instead of the pro one. The Pro version is nearly $40 more in newegg too. So, maybe I would be able to save more than Rs.2000 there as I do not need domain join or bitlocker. Let me see the pricing. Microsoft normally keeps prices lower in India and developing markets compared to US but Microsoft India had recently predicted that they would start pushing up the prices of their products to bring in line with Western prices. In fact, European prices are more than that of US too especially in UK where they price in pounds. So, would need to check the pricing strategy in India this time round.$14.99 offer was kept Rs.699 in India. So, that was around $12.99 by Indian prices. $39.99 offer was kept Rs.1999 in India. So, it is about Rs.50 per dollar in this case. The Windows 8 System Builder (not Windows 8 Pro) is priced $99.99 in US. So, with that logic, it should cost Rs.4999 or lower if we compare the previous two offers. But only time will tell. Hope they do not keep it too high or they will miss the trick completely. Anyways, it is not going to be an instant hit in India where most people use desktops and laptops which does not work that well with the new OS in terms of ease of use. If they keep the pricing too high, Windows 8 would be an extremely hard sell in India unless preintalled.