How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335
Now sure why but when I tried to buy a copy for myself Microsoft asked me for my Win 7 serial. (Afer entering the details of my computer I was redirected to the serial page)I entered flipkart.com as retailer October 1 as my purchase date and Toshiba laptop as my computerCan some one tell me what computer brand and model to use.

Now sure why but when I tried to buy a copy for myself Microsoft asked me for my Win 7 serial. (Afer entering the details of my computer I was redirected to the serial page)

I entered flipkart.com as retailer October 1 as my purchase date and Toshiba laptop as my computer

Can some one tell me what computer brand and model to use.

If you have a Genuine Serial Number, what's the harm putting that in?

good point. sure I will do that but I was not expecting the serial number page and was kind of put of by the fact that it appeared.Thanx

If you're not willing to type your existing product key, try selecting the 'PC Brand' as 'Other', it will not ask for a key.

Got the exact hidden location where Windows 8 downloaded files are stored...Just tick on show hidden files in folder options. C:\ESD\Windows

Another friend updating that its asking for Win7 key...

Tried again from a different system (mobile basically) and it allowed... Also he was using an ID previously used when using/registering Win7 .. So that could also have been a problem.

I am also feeling the same. Should I go ahead or not? Also it's shows my office 2010 as incompatible. So, do I need to purchase office also now?