How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

• Thread starter Thread starter dpkrwt123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 325
  • Views Views 31,335

I have installed Office 2010 on my windows 8 machine and its working fine.@Indianmascot -- Is your old 2010 office 32 bit and Windows is 64 bit or vice versa? That might be the reason for incompatible.

What 2010 incompatible? I use 2007. I got these errors
Install an app to play DVDs
You may need to install an app to play DVDs in Windows 8.
More info

Sidebar gadgets aren't supported in Windows 8
You won’t be able to use the sidebar gadgets that are installed on your PC in Windows 8.
More info

Secure Boot isn't compatible with your PC
Your PC's firmware doesn't support Secure Boot so you won't be able to use it in Windows 8.
More info

Bluetooth Win7 Suite
Atheros Communications, Version 7.2.0.80

Go to the app website for help

Realtek PCIE Card Reader
Realtek Semiconductor Corp., Version 6.1.7600.77

Update available

AVS Document Converter 2.1.2
Online Media Technologies Ltd.

Update available

HTC Sync
HTC Corporation, Version 2.0.5

Go to the app website for help

Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate
Xilisoft, Version 7.1.0.20120222

Update available

Must be a OEM PC or laptop with preinstalled office starter.

Ya, This may be the reason :(

I have installed Office 2010 on my windows 8 machine and its working fine.

@Indianmascot -- Is your old 2010 office 32 bit and Windows is 64 bit or vice versa? That might be the reason for incompatible.

Bro, Did you upgraded or there will be a option to Install fresh ?? Also do I need to make backup of Desktop & My Documents files

Bro, Did you upgraded or there will be a option to Install fresh ?? Also do I need to make backup of Desktop & My Documents files

I did a fresh installation as I did not want to keep any of my Windows 7 programs and moved my personal data to other non windows drive.

You will need to make a copy of your documents/data *ONLY* if you do a fresh install -- If you upgrade all your data will be available after Windows 8 update.

Thanks. :)I am doing the 40 GB backup now and will go for fresh installation. Another Question , Can I format c: and then book the disk to start fresh installation bcoz as I had purchased a Upgrade so will it work as Fresh Boot Drive or will only work for Upgrade ??

Thanks. :)

I am doing the 40 GB backup now and will go for fresh installation. Another Question , Can I format c: and then book the disk to start fresh installation bcoz as I had purchased a Upgrade so will it work as Fresh Boot Drive or will only work for Upgrade ??

Your C drive will be wiped off when you do a fresh installation and it will be fresh drive.

***APPLICABLE ONLY IF YOU DONT WANT ANY DATA FROM WINDOWS 7***
Also, after the fresh installation is done -- Go to C drive and delete the folder called old.windows thats where windows saves your Windows 7 data. I have deleted that folder which was about 5GB.

i would not recommend a fresh install. you might miss stuff that you might not remember to backup. just upgrade. and if you do not like the bloat, you can always refresh your install.