How to use D-Link 2750U and Asus DSL N10E as a wireless bridge to extend wifi range?

ISP
BSNL
I have both of these modems. The 2750u is connected to the internet and the dsl n10e was lying around in my house so i thought it'd be better to use it as a repeater to extend my network's range. Till now i have not been able to figure out how to configure both of these modems to use them in a wireless bridge. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The router must have the repeater function built into its firmware. They both are low end ones and I don't think they have that feature.

I may be wrong but you need to dig deeper in its settings and find out yourself. Or google.

Not sure if this will work but you can try this. Make the wireless settings on both the devices exactly same like SSID channel security key etc. Keep the 2750u as primary and in its setting to wireless settings->wireless bridge->Enabled(scan).
If you see the other router Mac Address select it else choose Enabled and Manually input it.
Also try with dhcp turned off in the lan settings of the second router/repeater. Keep both router on same subnet ie 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.2

Hopefully it will work. Had configured a similar setup for a cousin who had D-Link 600l and a TP-Link wr740n routers which are< 1000 budget router lying for a couple of months. It worked perfectly for him.

Back