Huawei HG8120 FTP access

• Thread starter Thread starter alexb
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 3,886
ISP
Ani Network/Broadband
So yesterday I just bought a new ONU. This ONU is branded and sold under the name of ElectroLine, which while I proceeded to use and when opened the device up, I found that it is just a Huawei rebranded device. With 1GE+1FE+1Pots this seems to be the HG8120 model with a very unique variant. Under the hood, inside, it says it is HG8120XGA 01 (Ver. B)

And I can't seem to find any much reference for it, from a simple search so far. Outside, it says the model is EL321GFT.
The usermode local user and pass is stated as root:admin while huawei's telecomadmin:admintelecom combo gets me in the root/admin mode for the router. It is currently in V3R016C10S135.

I can't seem to be able to enable FTP mode. More specifically, I can tick/enable it up but the device doesn't want to respect the settings. Only Telnet works. Even when I enable FTP mode, it fails to turn on and the port 21 remains inactive.

Any ideas what I can do about this? I also tried updating the firmware apparently, only could find a file for HG8120C and no other versions. Seemingly there's HG8120L/R/H as well (saw some mentions about these here and there, not sure though). But the firmware didn't update either. Inside the firmware seems to be modified to be Electroline's way.

Forget about the ftp. Damned thing is not even working in route mode. It works fine in bridge mode just normally. I don't know what's wrong, even though the onu gets the internet just fine (as I can ping and tracert - though tracert is 75% of the times failing) it does detect the time using the ntp servers just fine.
But I don't get the internet through it at all for some reason. Where if I use the bridge mode (by default if I don't set any wan profiles in onu) it works just fine. I'm speechless.

@varkey any ideas, considering you have dealt with a lot of Huawei devices including the actual hg8120 yourself.

i am on same page as you mate, i am an isp and purchased 50 units of these. can't find way to add pppoe service name in them and so these are unusable on hfiber/hathway/bsnl networks as they are pppoe. i have been searching extensively through forums and google posts. most of the links on google to download a newer firmware takes you to a phishing website where they try to pull off the classic scam. Huawei won't provide the firmware for some reason .

any update on this ? i also got electroline xpon onu but cant register wan config and also there s no option for update firmware otherwise i would have tryed other firmwaare

problem solved guys behind onu there will be username and password given is wrong try with this username and password it will solve your problem only in case of electroline onu

username : Electroline
pass : adminELECTRO

Back