Huawei HG8120C xPON (EPON and GPON) ONT with telephone port (no wireless)

PM sent @jayanta525

Not looking to buy, but just curious why these are costlier than the one found on internet for about Rs 1000? They seem to have telephone port too.

@varkey I've got no clue.
I figured maybe there'd be a good difference in price.
I still don't know the difference between EG8010h and HG8010h. After hours of scrubbing through websites, I've concluded maybe it just means English and Chinese language versions. 😁

To be honest, the price difference between 8110H and 8120C maybe 1-2 USD if at all, but rest of the costs are more or less fixed (shipping, customs etc etc) so it wouldn't make much of a difference. 8120C supporting both GPON and EPON mode definitely makes it a more desirable model than others.

Yeah it makes more sense to import something you can customize depending on what a customer needs.
Do you know what's the difference between the E and the H versions?

I would think its just the same product with different naming to cater to different markets. HG I think stands for Home Gateway, EG maybe Enterprise Gateway?

I guess its similar to TP-Link having C6 and A6 (both are same products) but for different markets or distribution channels.

Back