I dont have recharge in my Airtel Xstream Fiber but my internet is working what should I do?

@nishantt6969 & @prithu mahajan whether you guys pay or not, I truly hope your LCO is making regular payments to Airtel because Airtel will cut his connectivity and no prizes for guessing who suffers :D

@Chip Well, I had rebooted my router today and paid for the plan, It was like I was carrying load on my chest for using it free for 3-4 days.

In our city, the fiber connectivity is different, we are getting fibre cables through different Towers of Airtel. I think that might be one of the reasons why this is actually happening.

@Chip I informed my LCO, he said he has nothing to do except providing the internet connection to users and resolving their problems, he has nothing to do with payments and all. BTW how much do these LCO get from airtel per month? Any guesses?

@nishantt6969 LCO stands for local commercial operator..I am not sure about the exact nature of their commercial agreement. While BSNL, in Pune and other cities, has mostly LCO method of operation because they simply do not have the staff or the $$ to install/maintain cables and wire up buildings. I had contacted a BSNL LCO for a BSNL FTTH connection some years back for my residential area and he mentioned they buy bandwidth from BSNL and sell connections to residents under the BSNL brand. They are also responsible for providing ONTs, installation, technical support etc to their customers. I wasn't sure about the QoS they (the LCO) would provide given BSNL's own hassles and gave it a pass.

I believe other ISPs would have a similar type of agreement. Maybe it varies from city to city.

In fact when I got my connection I had to get this LCO/non LCO bit clarified from some Airtel engineers and they confirmed it is direct with Airtel. It was a relief TBH :)

I didn't recharged for 3 months. mine prepaid (LCo). I recharged after 3 months. At that time it allowed to recharge only above 3months.
1 month is not available. No fine or any thing

@nishantt6969 LCO stands for local commercial operator..I am not sure about the exact nature of their commercial agreement. While BSNL, in Pune and other cities, has mostly LCO method of operation because they simply do not have the staff or the $$ to install/maintain cables and wire up buildings. I had contacted a BSNL LCO for a BSNL FTTH connection some years back for my residential area and he mentioned they buy bandwidth from BSNL and sell connections to residents under the BSNL brand. They are also responsible for providing ONTs, installation, technical support etc to their customers. I wasn't sure about the QoS they (the LCO) would provide given BSNL's own hassles and gave it a pass.

I believe other ISPs would have a similar type of agreement. Maybe it varies from city to city.

In fact when I got my connection I had to get this LCO/non LCO bit clarified from some Airtel engineers and they confirmed it is direct with Airtel. It was a relief TBH :)
My LCO has just to manage the cabling and all, engineers are from airtel directly. Direct airtel has set up everything, every machine in their server rooms. But I dont understand, how they are giving away bandwidth through a Tower?

Back