I dont think Big TV will launch by 15th Aug

• Thread starter Thread starter amit_dp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 102
  • Views Views 18,088
Measat bashed at launch site

Earlier this week we reported on the launch delay to Malaysia’s Measat 3A, originally scheduled for Aug 21, and citing “technical issues”. It has now been confirmed that the precious satellite, built by Orbital Sciences Corp, was damaged by a crane at the Baikonur, Kazakhstan launch facility. One report says the damaged craft will be flown back to the manufacturers for a thorough inspection, and remedial repairs.

Even if the satellite stays at Kazakhstan, the delay to Measat 3A’s launch will be several weeks, if not months. The launch provider is Intelsat-backed Land Launch, the ground-based spin-off from Sea Launch, which works with Russian-Ukranian rocket-builder Zenit. This is the second Land Launch event, having successfully lofted an Israeli satellite, Amos 3, back in April.

The impact on Measat was more than just physical. Trading in Measat Global was suspended for a few hours on Aug 11, as was trading in Astro All-Asia, its major DTH client and sister company.

The launch delay might have a serious impact on another client, India’s Reliance telecoms outfit which is planning to launch an MPEG4-based ‘Big TV’ DTH service, commencing Aug 15
Measat bashed at launch site - Rapid TV News

BIG tv is already operational, its just not launched commercially to general public. so why does it have to depend on launch of another satellite?

BIG tv is already operational, its just not launched commercially to general public. so why does it have to depend on launch of another satellite?

Probably they wanted to use this satellite after commercial launch, when there are millions of users to serve.

I think Mr. Anil Ambani has answers to all our questions... Sushubh .. can we make him member of this forum ...

I hope Bilal does not read this and join the forum as Anil Ambani :P

Probably they wanted to use this satellite after commercial launch, when there are millions of users to serve.

I think Mr. Anil Ambani has answers to all our questions... Sushubh .. can we make him member of this forum ...

I hope Bilal does not read this and join the forum as Anil Ambani :P
well said Mr.amit_dp:rofl::rofl:

^^How stupid! How can they use one satellite for testing and another for commercial services? They might have booked few transponders on that satellite maybe.

Back