• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,906
Status
Not open for further replies.

dthamu

ISP
BSNL
Salem, Tamil nadu also EVDO enabled. (2 WLL towers Salem main and Meyyanur)Price:Deposit: 1562.00Monthly: 550+200+Tax. (Around 840)Yesterday i got the connection within 1 hour!!!! (BSNL Service is somewhat improved) and also it activated. and get around 1.2 Mbps (Max i got 135 KBps) while downloading. Video streaming was awesome.No disconnection. Continously 7 hours i connected.I got the signal strength of EVDO 3 bars out of 4. I think if i got 4 bars signal may be i will get around 1.8 MbpsTotally i enjoyed the connection and Soon i will disconnect the HOME 900+.

Man... one request don't tell those BSNL guys that you are disconnecting Broadband because you got EV-DO.:evil: If they come to know that EV-DO is eating up their Broadband business they'll definitly increase the EV-DO tariff!! :wall:

for Rs. 840 / month (all incl.), is it 2.4 mbps pure unltd.?? can someone confirm...
thats damn good even if we get 1.2 - 1.5 mbps!!

Evolution-Data Optimized - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

says

The EV-DO feature of CDMA2000 networks provides access to mobile devices with forward link air interface speeds of up to 2.4 Mbit/s with Rev. 0 and up to 3.1 Mbit/s with Rev. A. The reverse link rate for Rev. 0 can operate up to 153 Kbit/s, while Rev. A can operate at up to 1.8 Mbit/s.

that means that the upload speed can be only 153 kbps??

@dthamu, can u please post your speed (specially upload)

did u try downloading torrents.. in my place i get 3 bars signal strength and still i can get only upto 20 KBps speed... i hve tried downloading the torent with the most seeds but same result.. when i use pirate bay torrents i get upto 60KBps.. when i use limewire i get upto 150 KBps... so that means many users can have probs with this device.. we neeed to find some way to tweak the router zte ac8700...

Actually torrent speed depends upon many factors. Try using private torrents for better speed.

did u try downloading torrents.. in my place i get 3 bars signal strength and still i can get only upto 20 KBps speed... i hve tried downloading the torent with the most seeds but same result.. when i use pirate bay torrents i get upto 60KBps.. when i use limewire i get upto 150 KBps... so that means many users can have probs with this device.. we neeed to find some way to tweak the router zte ac8700...

Like mentioned torrent speeds depend upon the number of seeds/peers present. Besides this being a wireless connection u cant expect the performance of a wireline broadband connection :)

ive been trying for 1 month to solve the torrent problem.. i used every tweaks available in net still no result... i used tcp ip optimiser no result.. i used cable nut not much help.. used private as well as public trackers- no improvement.. tried to forward a port.. out of a thousand attemps i managed to open a port one time.. i get 3-4 signals here.. but signals doesnt mattter... i m stuck... with this piece of s#@t... no one knows how to enter the router configurations..the zte compant is one of the worst equipment providers.. not a bit of info about this device's config in their site... we are stuck for sure..

OK, I dont want to start a new thread so asking here. I have 900 Plus plan and the upload is just pathetic 56 kbps. What is the upload of the evdo connection. Also, does the modem support two connections through ethernet or one ethernet and wireless ?thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back