I need your suggestions to buy a new Wifi Router

• Thread starter Thread starter mahindar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 13,152
Yeah i'm thinking to return it. Before that i'm trying to know whether there is a solution for it or not. I think it is better to return it.

Connection drop means the internet light goes off or Wifi connectivity drop?

In task-bar it shows that internet is connected but when i try to open any link it doesn't open. It suddenly happens after 10 min's of browsing. It occured around 7/10 times of my experience

Absolutely clueless. Today I watched a one hour long on YouTube via Chromecast without any issues. Could be a hardware issue. You may try calling TP-Link support. If they're unable to help, return the product to Flipkart and ask for a replacement.

I too watched YouTube videos for 1 or 2 hours with this router. But as i said it is happening at the ratio of 7/10 times.In beggining I thought it was a small issue but it is annoying me. Every time this issue occurs i need to switch off and switch it on again :(

Exchange it. If it still doesn't work, get a refund and buy a standalone router, preferably something from Asus. Could be possible that your local ISP and isn't playing nice with this particular model.

Finally I bought the TP-Link TD-W8968 through the link provided in this forum. Thanks to @x720.

My previous one provided by Airtel Beetel 450 TC2 went dead after the incessant thunder and lightning on Friday night.

Coming to the new router, the setup is very very easy considering myself as a total noob in these matters. Just insert the resource cd which comes along with it and select your country and ISP and all the settings comes pre installed for Airtel, MTNL, BSNL. You just have to enter the username and password provided by your ISP and you are done. It hardly took me 5 minutes to get going with the router. Thanks to all the members foe their help.

Also, would like to ask members if I should change any settings or things I should take care while using the router. I am on Airtel Broadband in Delhi.

Back