I need your suggestions to buy a new Wifi Router

• Thread starter Thread starter mahindar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 13,152
Yup, put in the CD and do what the wizard says. It's a piece of cake.

Have you connected the lan cable properly? If yes, just unplug the cable and plug it again, then wait for a minute for the PC to get an IP address from the router. Then try again.

My Local ISP provider is telling that it doesn't work with their network. He is telling TP-Link w8968 is for Bsnl,Reliance like connections etc. I told him that it has one LAN/WAN port through which i can use, but he doesn't listen to me. He just says that it is "Adsl" "Adsl" "Adsl"....... What should i do guys. Anyone using TPlink w8968(or anyother Adsl ) with Beam or any other provider. :(

Wait. So. You aren't on bsnl? Damn, shouldn't have started out with the 2750u.

But, the w8968 supports LAN/WAN connections. What are your current router settings in your old router?

In the quick setup mode choose the wireless router mode instead of the adsl router mode. Then choose Dynamic IP from the next options (PPPOE/Dynamic/Static IP) since your ISP doesn't provide any login details. Then continue the rest of the setup and check after completion.

Also check from cmd ->ipconfig -all what are the current local ip address you get when plug your ISP cable directly to the system. If its same every time, it might be a static local ip and you can then change this in the router as well instead of the Dynamic IP option. It's all under Network Tab->Wan Settings when you log into the router through browser interface.

Remember Lan4 is the E-WAN port so the plug the cable into the lan4 port in the wireless router mode.

Last edited:
- Yes Mine is Static IP. I have the ip address and DNS values.

- I don't know why 192.168.1.1 doesn't opens some times. I even tried tplinkmodem.net ,tplinklogin.net but with no success. When i got a idea of how to configure these links are not opening.

- Yes i was using LAN/Wan port as the source and any one from other three goes to my PC.

- Can I configure the router without connecting internet source to Lan/wan port(I mean without the internet connection) . Because my local provider said when i last connected the wan to router it effected other users of my area. So I'm afraid to connect the wan cable to router. I hope you underst00d what i'm saying

- I have one doubt without connecting to internet can i use w8968 to transfer files b/w pc and laptop

Back