i want to know can i create two SSID or 2 access points on 1 modem

• Thread starter Thread starter AKS020
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Views Views 4,894
let me tell again i want 2 SSID
i mean if i done 1 SSID off i can activate other SSID after that if i want.
i am not telling to run both SSID together.
so one for me and the other for friend on same building .
so this will prevent him to run net when mine SSID is open that will be only for me nobody else .

[*]Have you tried out what’s mentioned in post #20? As mentioned earlier your current router does not support creation 2 SSID’s.
[*] If you want to run ONLY ONE SSID at a time you can use your current unit & keep typing in ALL details of each SSID EVERY TIME you want to switch SSID’s. Frankly that’s not an efficient way to run a wifi. It can save you money but not your time & energy.
[/list]Please note point 1 & 2 are different & not same.

THANKS i will check mineself whether 2nd SSID is shown on computer or not
i forget to check mineself .

AKS020 said:
THANKS i will check mineself whether 2nd SSID is shown on computer or not
i forget to check mineself .

If your router supports it you should know as your router will give you some indication that it's possible :) w/o looking at the computer

rsatbf said:
Are you sure you want this ;)?
I am not sure what you are trying to convey but on a forum it common courtesy that a member whose problem is solved comes back & tells his experience so others can learn from his experience. Here I found a lot of ill-informed posts which would mislead/waste the time of the thread starter. So I was curious on how he went about it. I am also on the lookout for a 2 in 1 unit which should have many of the points raised in post # 11 & 13 & I find that Netgear, Linksys (Linksys now taken over by Belkin) are v expensive that leaves TP-Link which give v good features to price but its chinese so not sure if I should go for it.

kreacher10 said:
I am not sure what you are trying to convey but on a forum it common courtesy that a member whose problem is solved comes back & tells his experience so others can learn from his experience. Here I found a lot of ill-informed posts which would mislead/waste the time of the thread starter. So I was curious on how he went about it. I am also on the lookout for a 2 in 1 unit which should have many of the points raised in post # 11 & 13 & I find that Netgear, Linksys (Linksys now taken over by Belkin) are v expensive that leaves TP-Link which give v good features to price but its chinese so not sure if I should go for it.
No offence to anyone but many of the responses were not quite clear on what was actually wanted and what was the issue. socrates was playing a guessing game trying to help out and I did chip in with a couple of responses. I suggest you start a new thread and put in your requirements clearly and you should get the right answers from peoples experiences here.

Lol no offence taken. But I found socrates post the most informative & logical & he has in more than 1 post said its not possible (for that unit/model) in the way most ppl wud want & the only way is to buy a new unit which allows this facililty but a whole lot of BS was being bandied about. Also the thread starter then sudden implied that he would use only one SSID at a time (as if that makes a diff) even that was explained by socrates on how to go about it even though he was v polite tha it was not an efficient way to do it. Actually its a bloody DUMB way but it seems thats what the thread starter wants to do . lol :rofl:
Actually PMed socrates & sorted out my doubts already. :)

I have about 5 wireless routers - 3 in my house and 2 in my brothers and all support multiple ssids. Have one in my office for a private dsl based vlan and that too supports multiple ssids...
Different people have different communication capabilities and frankly I wouldnt go about calling it dumb. we are trying to help out and if we cannot, just do not reply, thats all...

Back