ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - Final Edition

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 266
  • Views Views 21,738
So aussies need to score 253, either they will lose or win with a thin margin
From Cricinfo:
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]If Sri Lanka win this, they are through to the next round. If Australia win this in 29.1 overs, they are through to the next round. If Australia win this after 29.1 overs, New Zealand are through.[/color]
I don't see them winning under 29.1 overs at any cost, so it will be NZ or SL in semis.
Though i prefer NZ (tired of seeing SL too much)

Aus 70/4 in 9. Dont see them hitting 180+ in 20 with only 6 wickets in hand. In fact, dont see them hitting 180+ runs from this point. SL are easily the favourites now. NZ have an outside chance if Aussie give up qualifying hopes and try to build the innings and get a consolation win.

Looks like Aussies are still interested to chase down in 29 as they just took the batting powerplay. 145 off 12 overs is too tough now, maybe one more wicket and they may give up. 145 off 33 looks simple enough, if played sensibly.

Wade goes.. Now will Aussies be sensible & try to get it in 50. 127 @ 12.7 with 4 wkts is simply too out of reach. 127 off 30 though looks an outside chance.
On the flip side, SL can target bundling them out under 164 to top the table. That looks a decent possibility now.

They could have won the game in 50 overs if played sensibly, the way they are throwing the wickets,who knows they don't want NZ to go into semis

Well, I think they were serious in going for a quickfire chase till Wade was there. I think "now" they would give up and see if they can get a win as 4 an over is still a possibility as Faulkner, Johnson have shown the capability to score some runs occasionally.

Faulkner gone... with 91 to win. Looks like SL is all set to win, but Aussies have gone past 164. So Eng v SA is the 1st Semi Final.
86 off 25 with 2 wkts in hand for NZ to qualify

Back