ICC Champions Trophy 2009 - Official IBF Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,973
huh Kisi ko to Bali ka Bakra banana hai!

Why not Tendulkar then?? He always fails in big matches when chasing. (except may be 4-5 in his whole career which is very less)

On other end, Dravid has performed well compared to tendulkar in big chasing matches.

India Pakistan matches used to be huge, yesterday was nothing like that. People's interest in ODI seems to have vanished, if this was the case with india-pak match, then imagine how other matches are going to be. Its clear that ODI has to either change are disappear completely.

Forget abt ODI, Interest in recent WC T20 was poor too. But thats a good thing. People are coming out of crazyness.

Why not Tendulkar then?? He always fails in big matches when chasing. (except may be 4-5 in his whole career which is very less)

On other end, Dravid has performed well compared to tendulkar in big chasing matches.

Am totally with you on this point, I only remember his 2 innings while India chasing. 1998 vs Aus @ Sharjah & 2003 WC v Pak..

There was a time when a 17 yr old Sachin would destroy much seasoned performers. Look how times have changed, now the veteran Sachin was destroyed by a 17 yr old.

Forget abt ODI, Interest in recent WC T20 was poor too. But thats a good thing. People are coming out of crazyness.

True, international cricket is losing it's appeal. It's likely that when 3 more teams(states) are added in IPL, the IPL's popularity would increase even higher and international matches may become a rare event (like in football).

Now looks like Srilanka are in trouble.. need to chase at big total..
good start right now for them..

Harbhajan is an over-rated bowler! And acts very weird ! Its so irritating to see him

yes..Ajmal and Afridi used brain more than Harbhajan yesterday.
It was perfect for Ajmal to cleanup Harbhajan :grin: an offspinner trying reverse sweep against other and loosing his stumps.
I wonder what made him play that shot,on other given day Harbhajan would manage to score runs (Obviously when Team doesnt need)

----------

When was the last time we saw DHONI play a good and decent innings? :whistle: i forgot even that :ishock:

BCCI team dont want match winners,they want people who are Heroes.

----------

India Pakistan matches used to be huge, yesterday was nothing like that. People's interest in ODI seems to have vanished, if this was the case with india-pak match, then imagine how other matches are going to be. Its clear that ODI has to either change are disappear completely.

comparing to other matches the crowd was good yesterday.I dont think anything will effect Ind Pak matches.

not only that,he is not used as bowler also often.Even Ishant is not performing since 1year,even in Indian Premier League he failed.Again today i think Dhoni might still keep Ishant in side and remove RP and bring Praveen kumar, Amit mishra might be replaced by kohli or yusuf.

What I heard in the news is that Kohli will again play in today's match.

Ok, so India is out of Champions trophy after Pak lost to Aus by 2 wickets!

Back