ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - Final Edition

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 266
  • Views Views 21,738
Interestingly, SL was the only team not affected by the rain in any of its matches (4 of them)
moindear said:
So India is going to win Champions Trophy!
Would be fun to watch the poms lose :)
I am not too sure. Though I support India, I am expecting England to have the upper hand.

James Andersen's first spell is crucial and if India bats first, should be easy going!
If India takes couple of English wickets early, then the fun starts :)
England is always overrated, they are good but not great in ODIs

If england could play both treadwell & swann by dropping bopara, it would be a nice test for the indian batsmen

Yes, you're right both of them will test the Indian batsmen no doubt about that as they have done pretty well against India in India recently and of course only if the pitch remains dry like in the last few games it has been.What's surprising to see is that the Indian batsmen are struggling against the spinners lately who were once considered as naturally very good players of spin in contrast to that they're playing the seamers pretty well which was real threat to them earlier.

mhsabir said:
Jadeja & Tendulkar in 1994. But to be fair there have been better sequences with a 30ish or 40ish between (But going by the strict rules a)Same pair b ) 50+) this is the 2nd overall !!!
If you allow flexibility like different pairs and/or with same pair but with an intermediate game not featuring one or both of the pair, and/or different batting position in that intermediate game, there are 2-3 more such instances. But even then, thats it. Just about 4 or 5 instances when a pair opened together have put up four 50+ partnerships.
For a complete walkthrough
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=start;partnership_wicketmax1=1;partnership_wicketval1=partnership_wicket;size=200;team=6;template=results;type=fow;view=innings
Well i just wanted to know which was the last opening pair to be this consistent. The best being Sourav and Sachin, obviously. I mean they didn't put this mere 50+ partnerships but made huge ones like 200+ 150+ like more than 1 occasion. Lets see how long this pair can put out consistent partnerships like what they've been putting out now.

Well even Gambhir/Sehwag had a few consistent patches. Even Rahane/Patel if you see had some few good starts.

Well, the 5-wkt haul during the warmups seem to have them believe that he can repeat the same. I doubt they will be keen to tinker in the Final. More likely he will make a comeback in the Tri-Series or against Zim.

Back