India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 35,331
lol. i do not care much. but yesterday was a headache. i was afraid that there was a glitch in airtel's system and they might continue to spam text me for a couple of hours :D

I hear you guys. Believe me, it is very frustrating. It is like the provider is harassing customer for reporting a spam. However, I have a plan.

1) What if, after reporting an spam, the app waits for a confirmation message from 1909 and deletes it as soon as it arrives.
AND/OR
2) When you start app, all the messages from 1909 and messages from your provider about the complaint are deleted automatically.

I assume you would have to keep the app running in the background all the time to do so :|

For 1), i can start a service and it stops as soon as first message from 1909 arrives. So it will run for like 15 mins, max.For 2), there is no need for service. Just start the app once and exit.

The second one sounds like a good plan... But I seem to get it from 121 & AT/AZ* like AZ-AIRCCMNot sure, but you would need the app running in background for 1st one right? Again cannot depend on people to wait for that.. So. 2 is a must, 1 can be optional

what he is saying is that once you report a spam, he would run a service in the background for 10 minutes to kill the auto-responder message. user would not have to keep the app running.

btw. change this image man...

https://imgur.com/aotLF

looks fugly. instead. use a darker background and put a photo of the phone running the app on the left and the name of the app on the right.

Yeah.. I saw that after submitting my post.. But again.. I do not seem to be getting the message from 1909, I get it from 121 & AT/AZ* & secondly, I get it after several hours sometimes, so while it might be beneficial for a few, it will not be helpful who are in a situation similar to me (i.e. Msg from 121 etc & msg coming after unspecified time)

Yes I can take care of 121. And AT/AZ. I would be looking into content of sms rather than number they are sent from. Again, this will be refined over time. But I believe all providers send a unique word(like "complaint").

second one is still cool. open the app and it would clean up the relevant messages from the sms box :)

Yes.. 2nd will be really useful & keywords to choose would be important because you dont want to delete messages about bills & other services (I mostly dont care, but others may want to retain those for some reason)

what he is saying is that once you report a spam, he would run a service in the background for 10 minutes to kill the auto-responder message. user would not have to keep the app running.

btw. change this image man...

https://imgur.com/aotLF

looks fugly. instead. use a darker background and put a photo of the phone running the app on the left and the name of the app on the right.

I'm no graphic designer. But, I will try. BTW, I take user submissions too ;)

Yes.. 2nd will be really useful & keywords to choose would be important because you dont want to delete messages about bills & other services (I mostly dont care, but others may want to retain those for some reason)

I agree. It is better to not delete 10 such messages than delete a useful one. I will think over it.

just use the same background design but with dark grey color. have a image of the app inside the phone using the templates provided by google and other sources on the left. and write the same text on the right without italics in a suitable font! i had make one if i had photoshop. creating patterns like this in paint.net is not going to be easy.

Back