India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 35,331
^^ Java

For 1), i can start a service and it stops as soon as first message from 1909 arrives. So it will run for like 15 mins, max.
For 2), there is no need for service. Just start the app once and exit.

All of this can be spared if....... You could make it for spam reporting via email also in this app.

You make a space where every user can write his operator's email id and his own mail id where user needs feedback and it would be saved until user changes it at will.

It will solve most problems regarding spam sms by operator, one can even give a less used email so that even mail spamming won't affect, give it a serious thought man:thumbup:

I think some modification required in this App.

Scenario : I got a spam SMS of 160 character. I Open this app, tap the Report button and it converts spam SMS into a complaint format. But the complaint SMS is again of 160 character and original Spam SMS is truncated and sender name and contact details miss out from reported Spam SMS.

So, There should be an option to truncate SMS according to our our wish.

All of this can be spared if....... You could make it for spam reporting via email also in this app.

You make a space where every user can write his operator's email id and his own mail id where user needs feedback and it would be saved until user changes it at will.

It will solve most problems regarding spam sms by operator, one can even give a less used email so that even mail spamming won't affect, give it a serious thought man:thumbup:

But it is not a standard way of doing it. Suppose I put in all effort, just for one provider, and next day they decide - "Let's stop supporting email." They are not legally bound to accept complaints through email.
Even then, I'm okay to implement this if more than 3 of major providers support this. There is no fun supporting just one provider.

i have seen no indication anywhere that reporting spam texts through email is a reliable way to report them.

@toocool @Deepak.. its there but text available for editing is already truncated.. What indianmascot is saying that make the full sms available in the box and let the user remove the unwanted part.. 2nd thing as I already requested before.. In the edit box dispaly the total number of characters so user will know how much to add or delete.@androidI hate android for splitting 1 lengthy sms into multiple part. Even old b/w fones display long sms as single sms. :mad:

Nope. I want 1-click reporting. For people who don't care enough. Who are in majority ;)I will include this in next release.

Yeah! Atleast u can take heart from the fact that u did something to give it back to the telemarketer by reporting him/her thru the app! :D Else it was a real pain to even complain.

Back