India Against Spam: Report spam SMS on Google Android!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 484
  • Views Views 35,329
I think some modification required in this App.

Scenario : I got a spam SMS of 160 character. I Open this app, tap the Report button and it converts spam SMS into a complaint format. But the complaint SMS is again of 160 character and original Spam SMS is truncated and sender name and contact details miss out from reported Spam SMS.

So, There should be an option to truncate SMS according to our our wish.

i dont think that could be done according to trai rules as there is a limit to the maximum characters to be entered in reporting, u urself should 1st copy the name and number and then use edit before sending option to paste it in the reporting sms
as its not required that u send the exact sms for reporting , u can modify the content , they need a report of the content (not exactly though, only tentatively )

right. i think partial content from the spam sms is enough.

If partial content is enough for submission then I dont have any problem and I think IM too would agree now. :D

Logically partial content should not have been a problem, simply because I have called & reported telemarketing SMS. And the question the cust care rep used to ask was- Content of message? My Answer: Airtel DTH offer, Reliance Netconnect Offer, Mosquito Net offer. And they used to give me a reference & then I used to get the standard "warning sent to unregistered telemarketer" SMS after a few days.. This shows they need only basic inputs

If partial content is enough for submission then I dont have any problem and I think IM too would agree now. :D

Yes, I know that partial content is allowed but i was expecting full text in the App showing negative values (-67) like twitter show and I could edit the sms by removing the middle content and sent the sender name and contact number too (as visible in above pic).

But Still, this app works like charm. It was just a suggestion for future improvement. I am very happy with the app. Shared this with 10 people till now and all praised this app.

The app has been pulled off the Play store for now. Here is the reason:

As you can see last version added a bar at top called "ActionBar" in Google terminology. However, I went on to major changes in layout. So that everything can be done a single screen. It worked fine on my phone(JellyBean) and a emulator(Gingerbread), but crashed on friend's phone. So I had to pull it back.

If you guys are willing to help and have some idea about logcat, I can send you the apk through email. Let me know.

i have no idea about logcat. but i am willing to help! some details would be appreciated!the new ui looks lovely!

Logcat is a logging service in Android. So, if something goes wrong(like a Force Close error), the reason is dumped into the Logcat.
There is a an app called aLogCat, which can be used to display this Log. It can also dump the log into a text file that you can mail to me. So, interested people can mail me at my id and we can take it forward.

Yes, I know that partial content is allowed but i was expecting full text in the App showing negative values (-67) like twitter show and I could edit the sms by removing the middle content and sent the sender name and contact number too (as visible in above pic).

But Still, this app works like charm. It was just a suggestion for future improvement. I am very happy with the app. Shared this with 10 people till now and all praised this app.

I have implemented it already. Too bad the app had to be pulled off Market.

Back