India - South Africa Series 2010 Coverage

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 21,208
vote with your wallet. do not watch the matches.
That's not a good option :P

Afterall, cricket matches are some of the very few things I watch on my TV.

ah well. i stopped F1 races pretty much because of the crappy star sports coverage. and i started a petition. link in my signature i believe.

Watching match on DD National - Less Ads between overs - No 2/3rd screen occupying Ads & able to see replay of 4s 6s Wkts etc :wink:
No more ODI/T20 on private channels - Only DD :thumb: - Only thing is will have to bear the occasional crappy commentary in Hindi

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

India pull off stunning victory by 1 run . Munaf has just reconfirmed his ticket to world cup.

---------- Post added at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Last time a match won by 1 run -
Was again - India against South Africa & Wayne Parnell was the last man dismissed - The city name started with J - Jaipur & Johannesburg - speak of coincidences :O

WTF. I have stopped watching cricket, but thanks to our over enthusiastic media, do keep getting updates about the scores. Is the Indian team really that good or is it that the competition has become lower in standard?

As usual.. South Africans Choke at the end moment. I was shocked to hear that Munaf Patel won it for Indians.

shit happens. this does not change anything. patel is as bad a player as he has been always. :D i would be happy to see india picking up crappy players to their world cup campaign. :D please take ravindra jadega too. the almost one million dollar man from the IPL!

Yes it's seriously disgusting.

Ten Cricket keeps on skipping the first/last ball. Even before the fielder takes a catch, advertisements come up. !

The T20/ODI matches have made the situation even worse !

But what can we do ?

DD 1 is far better - let me give u tomorrow's example....
After we won, ie, after the fall of last wicket, they kept on showing the Live Coverage until the commentator had done with narrating the batting card, the bowling card & the Match summary - YES ITS TRUE!!
And later on, withing 5 odd minutes, they showed the presentation - LIVE.....Ten Cricket never does that!!

Last comment - read my reply to admins post below....

vote with your wallet. do not watch the matches.

Yes, this was the 1st & last time i subscribed to this nonsense.....even if they air the World CUP, i will not subscribe to this.....(Repeated this comment UMPTEENTH time!!)....

Right now, i am not at my residence, but where i am, i get to see DD........and even if i was at at home - where Ten Cricket is subscribed, i would have preferred DD.

For a change, GOVERNMENT IS BETTER THAN PRIVATE!!! :)

yeap. the world cup matches are likely to be on DD too considering the tournament is happening in india. right? (i really do not follow cricket any more).

admin

Nah....Munaf is a way improved guy for now - although fielding is still crappy.....

But he holds such a tight line, stump-to-stump, it becomes very difficult to put him away.....his idol is after all Glenn McGrath - he will try to grasp something from the Pigeon!!

agantuk

Why do we Indians have this mentality only?? Why cant we just believe that our standards are improving day by day??

If we lose, we performed badly, if we win, then the other team played badly......

What the hell??

Why not think the other way round??

For ur info.....we have not lost a Test series since the loss in SL in 2008 - due to UDRS....andbefore that - in Aus.....Sydney test - everyone will agree was ours - so even thats not a legitimate loss....

The only proper test series we lost was in 2006 in SA - after which we havent lost any "Proper" series.....
In ODIs - well most of the times we have been playing with depleted sides, and still, today we are no. 2 - almost tipped to become no.1 as i am writing this.....

So, try to accept - even we have the force to challenge the World!!

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

yeap. the world cup matches are likely to be on DD too considering the tournament is happening in india. right? (i really do not follow cricket any more).

Yeah surely - its the policy....T20s & ODIs will always be telecast on DD - regardless of who is the broadcaster, and where the match is played....

Back