India - South Africa Series 2010 Coverage

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 95
  • Views Views 21,208
Indian price for the channels are still lower compared to channel price abroad. We pay mostly 30~40/month for Sports channel, while in UK Sky Sports channel costs £15~20 (1000~1500). But anyways different markets have different economics. Some good news for us -
Indiantelevision.com > News Headlines > Tdsat issues notice to I&B over ad time violations
The Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (Tdsat) has issued a notice to the Information and Broadcasting Ministry seeking response over the alleged violations by channels in crossing the 12-minute cap of advertisement time for a one-hour television programme.
The Tdsat's notice came in the wake of a petition filed by an NGO, Utsarg, over the alleged breach of the cable television Network Act.
The Cable Television Network Act permits only 12 minutes of ads in a television programme of one hour.
In its plea, Utsarg said that all leading broadcasting houses and channels are exceeding the limits of the commercial timing.
The petition further said that it is “cruel” on the part of the channels to ignore the interests of the viewers, by not giving complete telecast of the live cricket matches and other programmes "just to make more money".

And telecast on DD is 15-20 sec ahead then on TEN CRICKET (on Tata Sky) :D

You cannot compare that way - most people earn more than a lakh rupees in a month there - so you cannot compare. You need to judge based on spending capability and the cost of items in an average. In that sense, it is at most 2-3 times higher than India. Simply comparing a Burger Rs.50 Vs 5 pounds so based on that & on comparing similar day2day cost of living, we can say, its 3 times more, but then also see the number of subscribers -It will be a surely be 3 times more & that balances this out as well. But the number of ads in those "paid" channels in UK , are they this bad?

Leaving Apart this Advt. debate : India won the 3rd ODI by 2 wickets :D2-1 up in the series.1 more win and India will seal it :D :D :DBTW, the only advantage of subscribing to TEN cricket is that I can watch the highlights, in case I miss the Live match. (and there are very few advts in the highlights :D )

Just hope that there is some action taken with the filing of this petition....

@ Rock
U appear to be an Indian Fan just like me!!

India have to win last 2 ODI because. it is right time to test indian team without our three great players...............sachin, shawag, gambhir

Such ads are shown from 2-3yrs now (since IPL1 - neo days)... i dont understand why they awaken just now? Why cant government do something on its OWN, WITHOUT SOMEONE filing petition abt it. Doesnt anyone from government see cricket or what?

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

I think I know why they are doing it now... because Tensports is owned by Zee and Zee v/s BCCI fight has been well known!

I agree - Though Raghu Menon, the secretary of the I&B Ministry was mentioning that they got a lot of complaints and specifically mentioned about the digitally superimposed ads, and also that mostly the L-shaped ads used to appear in between balls, here they started doing it while the ball was still in play.

Back