India - Sri Lanka Cricket Tour 2009

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 253
  • Views Views 29,543
those 2 and few others play only in Ranji matches. mathews runout for 99 but just few cms . slanka allout for 393. India 29/0

Great inning from Sehwag. He has changed a format of Test Match :DSL are now completely on back foot, and they have no choice but to wait till Indian inning ends with a mountain of score.

It always amazes me how a player like Sehwag, with no relation whatsoever to cricketing technique which is considered so very essential to Test cricket, is so successful in this format of the game. Hope he completes his triple century tomorrow. Would get the hard to beat record of holding the maximum number of triple centuries.

Sehwag has good technique (as good as Tendulkar/Dravid) and he has all shots. Only thing is slashes almost everything. So he has bad phase and then good phase. Again bad phase and again good phase. So on...

Sehwag falls more into the league of Bradman than any other top Test cricketer. Bradman didn't have the best of techniques either but scored at a brisk pace.

i was reading about bradman on wikipedia today. he was pretty consistent especially in the later half of his career. and he won matches for australia and saved some too. and his team mates hated him! sehwag is not hated by his peers and he would not give a shit if india is on the verge of losing. he would continue to play his own game.

----------

i can also safely bet that india would probably crashed tomorrow morning.

sehwag if he manages to get to 300 would be out before 320 to a rash shot.

thats what i fear, collapse, once one of the 2 are out.

Sehwag was dropped in last hour by Jayawardene.It was entertaining innings for sure.But we should look at the bowling too.It wasnt that good.Anyway no issues and good to see him score fast but hope he wont break lara's record of 400.

depends.. if he lasts 2hrs.. he wud def break it. i wud be glad if he breaks it. and that also makes me think that at this rate, if he feels fresh he can even reach 500 :D

Back