India to soon have uniform cheque designs from all banks

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 5,096
i have one of those higher end savings account on standard chartered. i pay around 1000 bucks per year for my debit card :( so i guess neft transactions are free because of that reason?

1000 rupees for a debit card? You are getting ripped off.

I am using IDBI Bank for my primary savings account now a days. Almost every thing is free with IDBI Bank. Free debit card. Free demand drafts or pay orders. Free fund transfers using NEFT and RTGS and the list of freebies goes on.

I closed my savings account with Standard Chartered some 3 years back. I was tired of their staff pushing ULIPs with high charges.

BTW, cheque truncation was supposed to reduce the time for cheque clearing from 3 days to a few hours or max 1 working day. But even after implementation of cheque truncation in Delhi, local cheques are still clearing in 3 days only and not less. WTH? :disgust:

i am happy with what i get from standard chartered. there are some issues. at this point of time, there are few reasons to complain.

Thats good move indeed!

ICICI charges for it :o

I just transfered 2.25L to a friend

2.25 L? :iomg:

Transfer some thousand to me please!

@Offtopic: BTW Admin bro! do you remember this? >>

it's a loan. he is buying a xuv500. it was originally scheduled for delivery next month. they preponed it to this month. he had some payments due for next month. so basically helping him out because of mahindra's actions. :|

Thats weird. Its free for both Citibank and ICICI if its salary account. Been using for the past 3+ years this way...

did you tried recently .. this transaction i did in last month .. eg .. if i transfer 1000 bugs to other bank it shows 1006 ... this is first time i was trying the same ..

i checked with other friend who use the same very often and he told its normal and they charge this much amount .. we have the icici bank sal ac from last 5+ years .. not sure is it because we are in mumbai ... :?

In India still cheques are in demand.. it will continue for atleast 5 year..

did you tried recently .. this transaction i did in last month .. eg .. if i transfer 1000 bugs to other bank it shows 1006 ... this is first time i was trying the same ..

i checked with other friend who use the same very often and he told its normal and they charge this much amount .. we have the icici bank sal ac from last 5+ years .. not sure is it because we are in mumbai ... :?

Every month I pay my credit card bills with NEFT. Atleast 4-5 transactions per month. Plus transfers to other bank accounts. Last transfer was 2 days back, no surcharge at all...

----------

In USA, some people still use cheques to pay in groceries/super markets.

I guess the usage atleast in USA is gud for cheques. When I opened an account there, I got 10 cheque books, still carrying them :)

5 year .. i will say more than 15-20 years .. still we have lasrge population who don't have email id or they haven't heard about internet ...

----------

Every month I pay my credit card bills with NEFT. Atleast 4-5 transactions per month. Plus transfers to other bank accounts. Last transfer was 2 days back, no surcharge at all...

for credit card payment they use neft i doubt ... i do pay online and didn't get charged but its of icici only ...

Back