India to soon have uniform cheque designs from all banks

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 5,096
i have one of those higher end savings account on standard chartered. i pay around 1000 bucks per year for my debit card :( so i guess neft transactions are free because of that reason?
Rs 1000 is still very high I feel. I think my banks charge me Rs 100 for Debit card fee.

BTW I don't know why they put charge while we pay by Debit card in India. For may items and even at some Multiplex we have to pay 2-3% extra for card payments.
In UK all payments by cards were never charged extra. People there actually never carried cash as cards were excepted almost everywhere.

well i used to get free transactions on atm machines on any bank (before it was made mandatory by the RBI).
i get a pretty good limit on daily withdrawl. though this is not really a big issue.
i get discounts in some restaurants. which of course, i have rarely availed.
there a couple of other benefits too. i primarily went for it because you never know when you need to take out more than 15-20K from the ATM for emergency.

----------

i am seriously considering switching to kotak mahindra. they are highly recommended by people who are using their services. but i do not see the point of taking the hassle. already have two bank accounts... another one would make the management even more complicated.

i have a axis bank account. i get free transactions on my card even beyond the usual limit of 5 per month. neft is free too. !

well i used to get free transactions on atm machines on any bank (before it was made mandatory by the RBI).
i get a pretty good limit on daily withdrawl. though this is not really a big issue.
i get discounts in some restaurants. which of course, i have rarely availed.
there a couple of other benefits too. i primarily went for it because you never know when you need to take out more than 15-20K from the ATM for emergency.

----------

i am seriously considering switching to kotak mahindra. they are highly recommended by people who are using their services. but i do not see the point of taking the hassle. already have two bank accounts... another one would make the management even more complicated.

don't go with kotak. rom outside they look fancy, but from inside work like a govt bank. for mundane tasks such as changing a mobile no, you have to visit their branch in person with a photocopy of your id. this is as stupid as it gets.

same applies to icici bank too. they do not allow changing your mobile number from online banking. you have to go to a branch, fill a form provide verification.

for icici, i have changed my correspondence address too on the phone as well as mobile no for mobile alerts. But yeah, for change in mobile banking you have visit the branch as you have said.But in kotak for even changing the mobile no for just alerts not mobile banking you have to visit the branch

icici guys specifically told me that to get my mobile number changed in their records, i would have to visit a branch and fill a form. they would not do it online they would not do it on the phone.

For me almost all charges are free whether it is NEFT RTGS or Payorder even premium debit card i am holding HDFC Imperia Premium Banking A/c & ICCI Blue Titanium A/c

Back