India tour of New Zealand

• Thread starter Thread starter vicky24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 116
  • Views Views 10,591
Can't really remember the last time Ishant picked up 11 ( counting ) wickets in a two match series.You don't get to see this often. Ishant has an extraordinary figures of 3.2 overs 2 maidens 3 for 1 and has 5 slips at the moment.Auckland all over again. NZ 31-3. McCullum and Williamson @ the creaseIMO, the batting was very much club level-ish from the kiwis. Its not like Ishant bowled with lot of hostility. NTL, its all good as long as he is picking up wickets. Should do this more often.Ishant Sharma's day it was 6/51 with the ball and survived as night watchman. Good fifty by Dhawan as well. Overall India seem to have the upper hand at stumps.

Dhawan misses out on a 100, Rahane gets one. India look to be in a better position, and I guess its their best chance to break a long winless streak outside India / subcontinent.

Brilliant by Rahane! So happy for this guy. I have always told that this guy is a major test player. What more should he do to get ahead of Rohit Sharma in the batting order?

Stumps on Day 4: NZ 571/6 in 189 overs, lead by 325. Brendon MCullum 281*, James Neesham 67*.
India simply let match go out of their hands today. I was hoping match would end yesterday, and Indian team (and Dhoni) would get some credit to bundle test in 3 days :)

Baz has been extraordinary in these tests. This bowling attack has been a complete hack for the last 2 years or so. Either 6-7 batsmen fail collectively or all the bowlers fail at least in one of the innings. There has been no consistency at all. No chance of winning this test too.

Great to see him play so well. He already has three double centuries against India :)
Kohli and Ishant are the culprits, they dropped him when he was on 6 and 25

Back