India tour of New Zealand

• Thread starter Thread starter vicky24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 116
  • Views Views 10,591
This is good news. Star sports has the best coverage among all.

So India lose the first ODI by 24 runs. Terrific innings from Kohli. But this time though, the hundred goes in vain. Some good bowling towards the death. Couldn't keep Corey Anderson quiet though. He made 68 off just 40 and also came good with the ball picking up a couple. Jadeja's selection continues to baffle me. Another expensive spell by Ishant. Another poor show by Rohit Sharma. Dhawan didn't convert his start and same goes for Raina.

vicky24 said:
So India lose the first ODI by 24 runs. Terrific innings from Kohli. But this time though, the hundred goes in vain. Some good bowling towards the death. Couldn't keep Corey Anderson quiet though. He made 68 off just 40 and also came good with the ball picking up a couple. Jadeja's selection continues to baffle me. Another expensive spell by Ishant. Another poor show by Rohit Sharma. Dhawan didn't convert his start and same goes for Raina.
Jadejas selection baffles you ?? He is the only spinner who did well in SA when the so called main spinner Ashwin was rendered useless .. If you said Ashwins selection baffles you that I would agree with .. Jadeja is Indias No 1 Spinner as of today ...
AbhishekS said:
How many ODI and test matches in NZ will India be playing?
5 ODI and 2 Tests ..

Ishant Sharma trending on twitter...
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/new-zealand-vs-india-ishant-sharmas-72-1-trends-on-twitter/1/338609.html
It's time India consider playing a bowling machine with the same amount of hair instead of Ishant Sharma. #NZvsInd: LOL SPORTS @LOL_SPORTS
Delhi has always produced run machines like Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Dhawan.. . . . . . . . . . . Nehra and Ishant sharma!: Darshan @Darshan1389
Read more at: http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/new-zealand-vs-india-ishant-sharmas-72-1-trends-on-twitter/1/338609.html

gaurang08 said:
Jadejas selection baffles you ?? He is the only spinner who did well in SA when the so called main spinner Ashwin was rendered useless .. If you said Ashwins selection baffles you that I would agree with .. Jadeja is Indias No 1 Spinner as of today ...
I see him as a batsman who can bowl a bit since he has scored 3 triple hundreds @ FC. So taking that fact into account, he should be batting well than he is @ the moment. I don't care if he picks wickets or not. He will, if and only when the wicket is a lot dry as in Durban. He has been a little helpful with ball when there is a bit of turn but he can be more than handy with bat. And there is no such thing is no 1 spinner now since both of the spinners are being rotated. We shall see how he fares, if he is in the playing 11 @ the basin reserve game. The wicket should be green as it was during the WI game. Also i'm not saying Ashwin is a better spinner. He looks like a very mediocre bowler overseas or worse. Anyway we shall compare the stats of both the lads @ the end of the ODI series.

vicky24 said:
I see him as a batsman who can bowl a bit since he has scored 3 triple hundreds @ FC. So taking that fact into account, he should be batting well than he is @ the moment. I don't care if he picks wickets or not. He will, if and only when the wicket is a lot dry as in Durban. He has been a little helpful with ball when there is a bit of turn but he can be more than handy with bat. And there is no such thing is no 1 spinner now since both of the spinners are being rotated. We shall see how he fares, if he is in the playing 11 @ the basin reserve game. The wicket should be green as it was during the WI game. Also i'm not saying Ashwin is a better spinner. He looks like a very mediocre bowler overseas or worse. Anyway we shall compare the stats of both the lads @ the end of the ODI series.
Yes I agree with you that he was chosen as a batsmen who can bowl but he seems to have reversed his role .... Anyhow lets see how it plays out .. Going by current scenario India will be better off playing Stuart Binny in place of Ishant Sharma ...

Please. Jadeja looks pathetic while batting. Even a no. 11 of SA and Aus bats better than him. To say that he is now a bowler and so him getting constantly out for ducks is acceptable is ridiculous. He should have learned from people like Watson and Faulkner. But as he knows Dhoni will play him anyway so no effort been made to improve his batting. That's why we gonna lose again with Dhoni playing ppl like Raina, Ishant, Rohit, Ashwin.

Back