India v West Indies 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 13,577
Yup. This makes sense.
Irfan Pathan also deserved one I thought, unless his injury is a prolonged one...
Also Manoj Tiwary..
Injuries the cause? I thought the contracts were there to protect them from such a scenario..

pathan should have been a integral player of the playing 11, but his injuries are cropping up at the wrong time. same with tiwary.
Alot of hints are given in the contract explanation:
[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Tahoma;font-size:12.800000190734863px;]The list has been pruned from 37 last season to 25, the BCCI's rationale apparently being that many players had started taking an annual retainer for granted. "The list was extended last year in order to give fringe players the confidence. But now the Board feels only those who are in line of an India call-up should be awarded an annual retainer," a Board official said.[/color]
So have they given up on pathan & tiwary too? now we have rayudu, so it would be very tough for tiwary to make a comeback. but pathan is just 28 yrs old and will prove a very effective option on the seamer friendly pitches of Australia.
It seems they are not willing to bring players back who are prone to injuries. like what they did with nehra after WC 11

It was smart/cowardy of BCCI to arrange the test series against WI. God knows what wud have happened if it was against Aus,Sa,Eng. They really had to fight tooth and nail to gain a upper hand over the aussies

It was smart/cowardy of BCCI to arrange the test series against WI. God knows what wud have happened if it was against Aus,Sa,Eng. They really had to fight tooth and nail to gain a upper hand over the aussies
The only reason for this series was the Bcci wanted to cash on the "Sachin Mania" this series is irrelavant, it wasnt even on the cards few months back Sachin wanted to play 200 tests, had this series not been held he would have had to travel to SA and then BCCI would be at loss from the revenue earned from the crowds and television. Its as simple as that, hence the matches too were held in the largest stadium in India capacity wise (Eden) and Tendulkars home at Wankhede so that BCCI could make earn the most out of it.

Ah well, looks like India not batting again seems a foregone conclusion (Not that I disagree)

I have been reading and watching some ridiculous things these last couple of days. That decision was one big howler!

Back