India v West Indies 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 173
  • Views Views 13,581
^ That was almost what i tweeted after reading that.

only 1 bowler slot is left empty. that will either goto mohit/jaydev or mishra or will get rotated between them

Mohit or jaydev will be in the playing 11. vinay will serve drinks like ishant did in the remaining odi's and test seriesBTW no news on irfan pathan who had been mysteriously injured on the night of winning CT
He isn't even offered a contract. BCCI released their new contracts and moved Sehwag and Zaheer out of any contracts straight from Grade A. Harbhajan who had Grade B also failed to get a contract. Yuvraj and Gambhir demoted from Grade A to B. Grade A now has only 5 players: Sachin, Dhoni, Virat, Ashwin, Raina I wonder what has Raina done (apart from being a part of CSK) to get a grade A contract. And this is very cruel from the BCCI. Sehwag and Zaheer had Grade A contracts, and now don't have a contract at all. They could have been demoted to B or C. Agreed that they aren't in the best of forms, but I think it's pretty evident that this is wrong. Even BCCI knows that not giving contracts to Sehwag and Zaheer is not justified so they have timed the announcement when everyone is busy with Sachin's retirement. This is for the first time in Indian cricket history that a player has been dropped to 'No contract' directly from Grade A. This is blatant shameless and biased attitude by the BCCI. Mistreating senior players.

Yes, they didn't do well. But that doesn't mean 'No contract'. Straight from Top Grade to No Grade?! No! A demotion to Grade B or C would be justified. This is for the first time anyone has been transfered from Grade A to No Contract. You give contracts to players like Manoj Tiwari and Jaydev Unadkat but not to Zaheer Khan and Virender Sehwag. Politics. And Raina above Pujara & Dhawan, this is ridiculous as well.

the message is clear that sehwag & zaheer will never play any international match again hence cancellation.
There's still hope for gambhir that's why he is retained.
Raina above pujara & dhawan makes sense coz of his seniority. both players have started playing only this year whereas raina is playing since last 8 yrs.

Sachin is given a contract now? I mean effective now?
Sehwag is struggling in domestic cricket. Age might have worked against Zaheer.
Agree with most of what Ashish said.

Maybe they could have considered Zaheer. Couple of years back he was deemed as India's best bowler.

mhsabir said:
Sachin is given a contract now? I mean effective now?
[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Tahoma;font-size:12.800000190734863px;]Tendulkar's mention in Grade A may have raised quite a few eyebrows since the veteran batsman is playing is making his last international appearance during India's second Test against the West Indies. However, since the annual retainers are awarded on a pro-rata basis, Tendulkar would be eligible for two months' compensation since the beginning of the retainer cycle in October. Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman were also named in the top category and were paid proportionately during the 2011-12 cycle.[/color]

Back