India vs. China: Maps

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,497
righto. 3d version does not load. 2d version is too slow and buggy. baidu has done such an incredible job.

i guess we can credit India Driving Directions, Maps of India and Local Business Search : MapmyIndia Maps for doing a good job of what they are doing with maps.

The more I use MapMyIndia as reference, the more I realise they are terribly underrated. What I really miss on their maps is the ability to scroll zoom, but that apart, they are far more accurate in their landmarks, possibly because this is bread and butter for them, and they sell these maps.

hey angatuk, is map my india spread to the deepest of India or just metros and surroundings??? and is it available offline too?>

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

I cant post in entertainment areas so I am posting this here
Top 10 Corrupt*Countries
apparently India is not in the LIST!!! :(

Òvi maps per se are not better than google maps (google maps have far more details)But for real time voice navigation purpose - Ovi maps (Nokia) is better than google maps (Andriod)

^ What about Indian Ovi maps ?
Are they as good ?

It is still in beta, and is restricted to some of the world's most popular landmarks. I doubt they would make this available on a worldwide scale.

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Òvi maps per se are not better than google maps (google maps have far more details)

But for real time voice navigation purpose - Ovi maps (Nokia) is better than google maps (Andriod)

Agree. When stranded somewhere without a phone signal and data plan, chances are high that Ovi would rescue you as opposed to Google Maps, which, hello!, requires a data connection. I have no idea why Google doesn't want to provide offline voice guided navigation for their maps.

Back