Broadband India Vs China

• Thread starter Thread starter stpmds
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 3,509
QUOTE(dips0502 @ Oct 10 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]64812[/snapback]
Good topic this..I just cant imagine why our babus in India are hell bent on not thinking beyond 256 kbps..its not just these babus..big corporates like Airtel, Hathway, Reliance, Sify also dont go beyond 256 to 300 kbps on the average. can somebody please explain this. Is there a law which says we are prohibited by law to keep our connections to under 256 kbps..Why cant they just provide higher speeds.wat in the bloody world are they waiting for ?
[/b]

yes there are variurs laws of prohibition, ban blogspot.. somone has written bad words in his blog about our "Bhagwan saman" netaji .......
ban that site its spoling our child.... ban thus ban that.......

hay and you peps why ur taking like this about your mother country in this open forum?? u want it to be banned ? :blink:

they are not waiting dips0502, they r contineously filling their pocket.......
we have to wait....... until they die :angry: .

country like bhutan is set-up to provide 512kBps in dial-up throughout the country, by january 2007 ....... we are still crying for 256 in ADSL 2+ tech...

jai hind! not to feel low we indians here is somethign to be proud of
atleast we are ahead from nepal :- see this
http://nns.com.np/rates_dhoom.htm

bharat mata ki jai!

Asian countries lead the world in creating digital homes, with Taiwan and Korea at the forefront, says a study.

for further reading about it u may click:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5125510.stm

thanks a lot on the views shared .

stpmds./11/10/06

Why all friends of mine are in India??I was wondering if i had a friend doing an MBBS or MBA like course in any other country and he was having more than 1 Mbps speed connection and i could also write like you people. :lol: Stop Dreaming Better to go to Work. Our Govt has some more responsible things to do than this .For BB issues we have competition to take care. !!

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Oct 11 2006, 11:55 PM) [snapback]64930[/snapback]
Why all friends of mine are in India??

I was wondering if i had a friend doing an MBBS or MBA like course in any other country and he was having more than 1 Mbps speed connection and i could also write like you people. :lol:

Stop Dreaming Better to go to Work. Our Govt has some more responsible things to do than this .

For BB issues we have competition to take care. !!
[/b]

yup i stopped dreaming....
As Our Govt(politicians, not all but most of 'em) has some more responsibilities, like opening accounts is swiss bank, sending their child abroad for study, thniking od doing big scams rather thinking about the developement of india, (in any ways) . :blink:

our government's interfering policy is to be blamed for the poor competition in broadband sector.

QUOTE(max @ Nov 15 2006, 12:49 AM) [snapback]68722[/snapback]
our government's interfering policy is to be blamed for the poor competition in broadband sector.
[/b]

Have to disagree here mate. It's very easy to lay all the blame on the babus and the government but the sad truth is that broadband has not been penetrative enough. You just have to look at what happened when mobile technology came to india. It just went off exponentially and right now we are one of the leading markets in the world. People like us will be no doubt disappointed by the speeds available but we only constitute a small percentage. For broadband to take off it's vital that remote areas are given connectivity. As the use of broadband grows then eventually we will see more isps offering internet . Once the demand becomes high , isps themselves will start upgrading the speeds to grab the market.

Lets be realistic here coz these things will take time but i'm sure broadband will be a lot better in the next two years than it is now. You just have to look at ourselves to believe. A year back i was using a 64 kbps connection but now it's a 256 kbps one so there you go. Currently broadband is just not big enough to be properly regulated but once it gets there , rapid changes will start happening and with the arrival of technologies like IPTV it only makes sense doesn't it ?

Back