India vs. China: Maps

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 4,497
google is already offering caching system on android which can provide a good alternative to times when you lose data connectivity for some time period. caching works well in my case. it stores the maps of your frequently visited places right now. not sure if it would cache the maps of the routes you are defining. of course, this problem also exists in the US market so its not like they are not aware of it. and of course, their maps are way too comprehensive to be stored locally. so it's better to define your route, let the device cache the maps for that route. and you are sort of safe even if you lose connectivity on the way.

Well, making the maps offline was one part I managed to do using Locus. However, the inability to search this map without a data connection , or get voice navigation is what I am not comfortable with. I drive just listening to the instructions, and don't look at the maps. This is not possible right now, atleast officially.

Just flashed my android from DDKB1 to XXKB3 (Froyo)The lastest ROM has a free application in it Route66 - it has best of both the world - offline maps and voice navigation :)Enjoi !!!!

Back