India vs England: 5 ODIs - Jan 11 to Jan 27

ISP
Jio
Squad MS Dhoni (capt.), Cheteshwar Pujara, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Ishant Sharma, Ajinkya Rahane, Ashok Dinda, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Shami Ahmed, Amit Mishra

Sehwag dropped. Pujara comes in. But my main question is, why drop Sehwag and still keep the idiot Rohit Sharma in the team!!??!!

Sehwag is getting older and needs some rest maybe?

Well I'm not disappointed on Sehwag's decision. This thing may just help him make a strong comeback like he did in 2008 after being dropped in 2007, and as a fan of Sehwag I would certainly love to see him making a strong return. The only difference is that the skipper then (Kumble) had faith in him, and the current skipper has a rift with him.My main concern is that why have the selects stuck with Rohit Sharma? Too much politics? Mumbai lobby? Sandeep Patil?

Looks like all the IPL money is coming to some use. Oh snap, Congratulations Rohit! Time to shine for the zillionth time :)

Well I'm not disappointed on Sehwag's decision. This thing may just help him make a strong comeback like he did in 2008 after being dropped in 2007, and as a fan of Sehwag I would certainly love to see him making a strong return. The only difference is that the skipper then (Kumble) had faith in him, and the current skipper has a rift with him.

My main concern is that why have the selects stuck with Rohit Sharma? Too much politics? Mumbai lobby? Sandeep Patil?
Rohit Sharma point duly noted..!!
But Sehwag point is just because you are having a SEHWAG pic on your profile.. :P
Sehwag is definitely not doing well!!

Its good Sehwag is dropped. He needs rest and also needs to get back his concentration and fitness level back. Also good that Zaheer was not considered.But I think Dhoni should have also been rested. He may have made record of staying on-field last year, and he needs rest (but players will never ask for rest!).Gambhir, Rohit should have been removed, and Jadega too, but Jadega made good comeback with bowling, so he is perhaps in team as a bowler.

For rohit sharma i had said in the other thread, No other player has got so many chances in the history of indian cricket.Dunno if a individual is backing him or a group is backing him, it's simply unprecedented.Unmukth chand should have selected instead of him.Those who are gunning for gambhir, his last 10 ODI innings average is around 37 which is more than rahane's whole ODI career average of 27 in 13 matches as a opener.Just because someone is younger does not mean he is better

Gambhir is a burden in T20. Let him be in ODI. In T20, they can try more genuine attackers. Cant see Gambhir going at 9 (or even 8) per over, when often it could be the case.

With every series its seems true that Jadeja and Rohit Sharma have some "CD" of Dhoni, which they use it to blackmail and get into the team.Else the selection does not make any sense!

Right here's a comparison between Abhishek Nayar and Rohit.Rohit Sharma : 4605 runs averaging 61 with a high score of 309* and he has picked up 86 wickets in his entire career. Abhishek Nayar : 3594 runs averaging 57 with a high score of 257 and has 93 wickets with an average of 30. Rohit Sharma is a middle order player and Nayar is a lower middle order kind of a player which means Rohit Sharma has much better chance to score more than Nayar. Rohit Sharma can't bowl while Nayar can finish his quota and does a decent job. Rohit Sharma has been given 86 international games and Nayar has played 3. Oh and by the way, Nayar has racked up another century which means he has scored 3 centuries ( 2 not outs ) and 5 fifties with 16 wickets. Why isn't someone like him not given atleast 2 series to see how he flares? And today's TOI wrote this: " Rohit Sharma even though he has been patchy survives the axe due to LACK OF OPPORTUNITIES " Oh My Holy God!

Back