India vs England: 5 ODIs - Jan 11 to Jan 27

England loose both their practise games.

Right here's a comparison between Abhishek Nayar and Rohit.

Rohit Sharma : 4605 runs averaging 61 with a high score of 309* and he has picked up 86 wickets in his entire career.

Abhishek Nayar : 3594 runs averaging 57 with a high score of 257 and has 93 wickets with an average of 30.

Rohit Sharma is a middle order player and Nayar is a lower middle order kind of a player which means Rohit Sharma has much better chance to score more than Nayar. Rohit Sharma can't bowl while Nayar can finish his quota and does a decent job. Rohit Sharma has been given 86 international games and Nayar has played 3. Oh and by the way, Nayar has racked up another century which means he has scored 3 centuries ( 2 not outs ) and 5 fifties with 16 wickets. Why isn't someone like him not given atleast 2 series to see how he flares? And today's TOI wrote this: " Rohit Sharma even though he has been patchy survives the axe due to LACK OF OPPORTUNITIES " Oh My Holy God!

In the 3 ODI's nayar got only 1 innings to play. then we have saurav tiwary too, who was axed out playing 2-3 ODI.

Regarding the TOI, i have seen every newspaper bracketing gambhir and rohit into the same category of non-performers. I don't know what these sports journalists do? they can simply get all the Stats from cricinfo, for that too they are too lazy

I dont know how some of you are saying Unmukt Chand should be given a chance .. Is it just because he was captain of under 19 WC winning team ?? He has done nothing this Ranji Season .. Infact been a big flop ...

Gambhir is a burden in T20. Let him be in ODI. In T20, they can try more genuine attackers. Cant see Gambhir going at 9 (or even 8) per over, when often it could be the case.
Gambhir has unfortunately touched some real bad form since past 1.6 years .. Gambhir is definitely not a burden in t20 cricket at all .. I know that was long time back but Gambhir was instrumental in winning the t20 wc final against Pak .. Even the 2011 50 over WC final he was the mainstay with dhoni .. So he is capable of absorbing pressure ..

Agree that few bits and pieces player like abhishek nayar do deserve a second chance because of his medium pace bowling .. maybe they should also think of trying stuart binny out ..

Gambhir, does not seem to be able to bat at more than 7 an over. Not because of ability to handle pressure, but simply the way he paces the innings is what I feel a reason not to have him.

India-Pakistan Kotla ODI fixed: Paul Nixon - Times Of India

By reading the article its obvious he was speaking random stuff, and with no proper info or anything. He has retired from domestic cricket and hence is not answerable to anybody, so he is saying all this. If he was still playing domestic cricket, he would have simply shut up with his tail between his legs.

Cheteshwar Pujara unlikely to play in home ODI: MS Dhoni - The Times of India

"Well it (ODI debut) looks very unlikely as of now because we have to see the whole batting line-up the position he's ideally suited for and all those things. As of now, it looks very unlikely," said Dhoni on the eve of the first ODI against England at the SCA stadium.

Does it makes any sense what he says?? he has seen the batting lineup behind the stumps in all 3 formats in every game, what more he wants to see???

Shami despite a very good debut is dropped for Dinda. Dhoni needed to encourage people who are talented not Untalented

Back