India vs New Zealand Cricket Series 2010

• Thread starter Thread starter ram2622
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 43
  • Views Views 18,353
About getting Audience - i have my doubts, coz its like We have a Really hit community on Orkut.....and a "Branch" of it was opened on Facebook, with same rules & all, same Mods, everything same - but that too, isnt picking up pace!!

So, what i want to tell is that people generally are reluctant to change over from 1 source or location to another......

Although Orkut is going down these days, we all still prefer discussing cricket on Orkut, rather than Facebook.

So, i got the point - that instead of Opening new spaces, it would be better to get interested people going to the "Established" places....

As far as discussing cricket here, i would very well love to do that - but as i said, very few appear to be interested - coz this is more "Internet & such other Service provider" specific forum.......

If you had seen - Amish considered Aussies as no. 1 in ODIs - whereas the Aussie public itself has now accepted that Aussies are no longer the frontrunners in Cricket......the no. 1 Ranking in ODIs, is just due to lack of enough ODIs in recent times for Aussies.....
So, i felt that discussions too, didnt appear that much "Qualitative.....

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Oh, and 1 thing i forgot to tell you about the Facebook page of IBF - everythings good, but i think DP needs change, coz its thumbnail version is hitting at the eye!!

well. i just wanted to say that i have a license of xenforo that is lying unused. anyone has any idea, i would be ready to start a new forum on a brand new domain. of course, this forum is not going to become huge for sports related discussions.

I didnt get that exactly - is it that you have a licence to start another "Site" or something??But even if thats the case, still, finding many members, that too active ones, can be very tough........As i said, on our Orkut community - there are nearly 3 lakh members.....but still, about 40-50 only must be there (Including me) who actually discuss on a daily basis......and its active just coz of that!!And the "Branch" we started on Facebook - there are still about 300 members there, off which only 2 are active (Again including me)!!So, i just want to tell that for starting a new thing altogether - it will take ages to garner some response........

i know that starting a new forum is a major headache and there is a very little chance that it would be a success. that is why i am still looking for ideas. and if you have an existing community that might be interested in becoming early users of a new forum dedicated to cricket for example... i would be more than happy to provide them with a platform. if they like it and continue to use it for their discussions, great. if not, i can discard it! as for forum licenses... well vbulletin and xenforo are paid products. you have to pay for every installation. i had originally bought a xenforo license with the aim to replace vbulletin here with xenforo. i have now decided against it. so i now have that paid license with me waiting for a project :)

Thanks for that info about the licences....But very frankly speaking, going by my experience, i tell you that people wont like to join a new place altogether......so better would be keep that licence right now, and use for some other field......i wont paint "Rosy" pictures, to be a moderator at a forum - thats why, this type of frank reply....:)And, to end with, i need your Very Frank reply as well - can i put those links in my Signature?If not, then too its perfectly Ok with me.....:)

heh. a couple of folks do link to facebook/orkut based groups around here. i have not really bothered to remove them so i guess linking to facebook/orkut group is fine. do not alter the size and color of the content though.

Yep!! Surely!! Thanks!!

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

A last thing - I am testing my signature.....do let me know if theres any issue with Font sizes.....i have not altered anything!!

I hope it isnt any action - coz i dont know how to manipulate font size and reduce it - i know few formatiing things like "Bold" or "Colour" or few Smileys only!! :)

Back