Indian Railways Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter ItsMe
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 794
  • Views Views 101,757
People get used to change. Might take a few weeks. But eventually it would be better for everyone. Just because things are shitty right now does not mean that you should not try to fix it up. Same people if traveling by Metro would behave because that's how things operate there. It's not like they cannot do it properly.

The scenario at the Rajiv Chowk metro station (which is the interconnect centre of various Delhi Metro Line) and couple of other stations is pretty much the same in the office hours as in the mumbai local. The metro is so overcrowded and there are 10-12 long lines of people waiting to get an entry but only the half of the people in line are able to get in one time. But the door locking is the one thing that at least ensures, no one is hanging to the doors and ascertains that people are not dying or getting injured of falling from a moving train.

Though it will take sometime and need people to enforce the closing of doors like in Delhi Metro but this surely is a one positive approach towards ensuring safety.

Government showing lots of dreams. Good if they can achieve it.

But first tell me, out of this list, which one will you successfully implement/achieve in 5 years?

i.e. give us deadline for each of the dreams you are showing.

Food courts to be set up at stations... privatising it, should be possible soon enough.

Chennai railway station already has a food court..

How the bullet train dream stakes up - Financial Express

"It is the wish and dream of every Indian that India runs a bullet train as early as possible. Indian Railways is on its way to fulfil that long cherished dream," Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda said while presenting the Rail Budget.

... internal calculations show one-way ticket could cost over Rs 5,000

Every Indian??! (Nobody came to ask me!)

5000 Rs!! Why would a middle class or lower class people want something which they can not afford?!

Back