Internet gets disconnected every few minutes

• Thread starter Thread starter Onkar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 10,510
How to change to GDMT ? Does it mean a new modem or its a different mode ?

How do I set this for D-Link 502T? Please help. Thanks.

I wanted to know could this be happening because of a faulty wire/cable which is being connected from the line to the modem ? I have tried using a new wire to the modem , since the last 15 mins the connection has been quite stable . These are the stats for the same

ADSL Firmware Version: 6.00.01.00 - 6.00.01.00 - 6.00.04.00 Annex A - 01.07.2b - 0.54 ADSL Software Version: V3.02B01T01.EU-C.20070306 Line State Connected Modulation ADSL_G.dmt.bis Annex Mode Annex A Max Tx Power -38 dBm/Hz Item
Downstream
Upstream
Unit
SNR Margin
dB
Line Attenuation
dB
Data Rate
kbps

How do I set this for D-Link 502T? Please help. Thanks.

I managed to find it :) Will it resolve disconnection problems? Thanks.

i too faced a similar disconnection problem but now after using G.dmt mode my connection is so stable that many times i use it 14-15 hours without a single disconnection and later switch the modem off in the end. See my usage Screenshot -

It can improve stability of the line but can't say that it will work for everyone to the extent its working for me. Now i can just leave my PC ON even over http downloads without a worry of disconnection ! You can give it a try for few days & see how it goes !

Thanks for your reply. The modulation type was "multi". I dropped the list, selected G.dmt and clicked on Apply. I then get the message "Save configuration and reboot to take effect". I clicked on okay.I restarted my modem and when I go to the same page where I selected G.dmt, it automatically comes back to the original Multi mode. Am I doing something wrong? How do I save the setting? Doesn't 'Apply' mean save? I rebooted / restarted the modem too.

You need to look TR-069 client sort of option under management settings in your modem.

TR-069 client - Configuration

WAN Management Protocol (TR-069) allows a Auto-Configuration Server (ACS) to perform auto-configuration, provision, collection, and diagnostics to the device. This is basically used by ISPs server to do some configuration.

My modem/router is UT300R2U.

Same thing was happening to me as i had this thing disabled reading somewhere on the forum but in 2-3 days of use I was able to observe that whenever I rebooted my modem It changed back to ADSL mode instead of G.dmt. Then I enabled it as a hit & trial and voila its been G.Dmt mode since then. You can check your modem options for similar option (there should be one) make it enabled (if available) .

http://pad2.whstatic.com/images/thumb/c/c2/Asd_966.png/640px-Asd_966.png

I have DSL-2640 T router , i have posted the screen shot , please help me how to change TO G DMT , I browsed a bit but couldnt find the option

Urs is a completely different modem & I'm not aware of options available in it. So I would advise u to check all the options especially under the Advanced and Tools options & try to see if there are any options/checkbox available for ADSL, ADSL2+ or G.dmt or DSL settings etc. Else u can wait if some other member has got similar modem, he can guide u !

It's a conspiracy by MTNL so that i won't use Sunday Funday 2mbps :DBut i will kick their asses by downloading da most :P

Back