Iron Man Trilogy

• Thread starter Thread starter IBF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 244
  • Views Views 26,004
Well. It seems unlikely that he would not be in Avengers II.
No confirmations yet. Here is what he said recently in an interview:
“To tell the truth, I’ve just been responding to the speculation in an honest way, which is: The future is uncertain,” Downey says. “How do you let go of doing this guy?”

Iron Man reigns as the standard-bearer of Hollywood superheroes with a $175.3 million domestic opening weekend for his latest sequel and an overseas haul of a half-billion dollars in less than two weeks.
According to studio estimates Sunday, "Iron Man 3" has raced to a worldwide total of $680.1 million. That includes $175.9 million in its second weekend overseas, where the film has rung up $504.8 million so far.
No other solo superhero — not even Batman or Spider-Man — has managed this kind of business.
http://www.readability.com/articles/efjntavm

Well that might be for Avengers 2 as well right. And Tony Stark would return, not sure if it means Downey would return :D

Right. A lot of us were disappointed when Edward Norton was dumped as Hulk in Avengers. Turned out Mark Ruffalo was awesome as Hulk in Avengers. But then... Robert Downey Jr. has done three Iron Man movies and one Avengers movie as Tony Stark so the transition might not be as cool.
I remember reading Marvel wanted to pick up Tom Cruise or Nicolas Cage as Iron Man :D (before Downey was eventually picked by the director who put his foot down). So, I hope they do not take that route.

I would actually love to see nicolas cage playing iron man. :D
he got such a shitty character with ghostrider.

Nicholas Cage is the Mithun Chakravarthy from the 90s of Hollywood now. You probably need to knock at his door with a sackful of cash & he would be willing to do the role, I feel.

To be fair, he is a brilliant actor. Just like Mithun is. It's just that they do not get the roles they deserve anymore! Adaptation is one of the many great movies featuring Cage.
I used to think the same about Jackie Shroff but this guy has totally lost it. He finally got a pretty cool role in Aurangzeb but I have a feeling, he is going to be a disaster in it.

Yup guys like Mithun, Jackie & even Sunil Shetty now are forced to take whatever comes their way - They have other business including investments in film industry - So they casually take up whatever comes as sort of a freelancer.

Sunil Shetty was never a great actor :tongue: I cannot think of one movie where I appreciated his acting skills :D
He was quite good in Dhadkan though.

Back