Is Airtel curbing speed of Filesonic, Fileserve, Oron... and other file sharing sites?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sapney
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 114
  • Views Views 16,872
is this throttling done to all or just heavy users? cant expect any sort of help from CC for this issue

This will not work if you have premium account or use JDownloader, but for those once in while users, try out gr0wlcom. The benefit is that you can use a download manager/accelerator.

if you see my previous post, you can observe that i am getting poor results even on speedtest servers. do you think they are also throttling speed test servers?

After the Quality of service upgrade by Airtel I've also noticed drastic speed drops on video streaming sites as well as file sharing sites. Speedtest servers seem to be fine (at least to US).

Unable to stream footy matches on low bitrate streams now.I used to able to watch streams upto 1250 kbps quite comfortably but since a few days the 300 Kbps streams are struggling too.Hell I couldn't even stream the cricket on 275 Kbps streams.This is a shame as I do not download much these days, just stream stuff online.My MTNL connection doing fine BTW so its not a problem common to all service providers.

is this throttling done to all or just heavy users? cant expect any sort of help from CC for this issue

mostly all

yup I have experienced the same thing yesterday .. I had to download some Music Vidz ... During the day hrs I was getting a horrible speed of 21.9 kbps ... It was horrible ... in torrent it was good .. is it because of any underwater cable cut ?????

speeds are fine in the afterhours.. getting 180KB/Sec now on link-removed. Unable to stream footy matches on low bitrate streams now
yeah. Sopcast is based on p2p so the possibility of watching 1mbps HD footy matches are nil :(

From 23rd July Onwards (i.e. soon after Airtel's so called backend updation) I am observing a low speed on some file sharing sites while downloading files. I am on 2mbps plan and i am getting a speed of something between 10KB/s to 120KB/s on these sites....:anger3:

Is anyone out there experiencing the same??

Have you ever experienced more speed before?
if no,
And you are downloading from these file sharing website as free user. Then, speed is right but there may be problem with mediafire. Because as I know, there is no restriction from media fire.

But check as a premium user. they might have changed their policy.

----------

this cud be 1 of the reason for this

Singham effect: File sharing sites blocked

I know order has been released but it is still working. You are able to download from file sharing websites with no restriction from government/ISP as per order.

----------

Understand one thing. Piracy can not be eliminated. File sharing websites and torrent trackers will remain forever. No one can stop it. You might have observed that in Italy, BtJunkie has been blocked but they are providing service through proxy even though it is blocked. It became head ache for Italian authority to block because it became rule to block BTJunkie. They are using Google Appspot for proxy.

Back