• Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 858
ISP
BSNL
Image 1 :
Source

Image 2 :
Source

I can get global IPv6 on my Modem and other devices. But while trying to access Ipv6 test site, I get the error in Image 1.

Is BSNL IPv6 network not functioning yet? I don't get Ipv6 on my Modem, router and other devices (Image of my smart phone ipv6 address)

Yes, IPv6 works in BSNL, but sometimes it behaves weirdly. How have you configured ipv6 on the router?

I'm also facing the same issues with BSNL, The gateway assigns IPV6 address to my devices but I can't even send a ping through IPV6. It used to work earlier and it's not working from past 2-3 months. It depends upon your local exchange and how they respond to the complaints. I made complaints for IPV6 and higher loaded latency and the Divisional Manager responded to me that if I don't like the service, I should terminate the connection. I mean if I had any other option why would anyone opt for BSNL.

Maybe they haven't updated their system at your exchange. Talk to your JTO and make him raise a docket to NOC. NOC team can make it work for you.
This is how I got mine working.

I talked to my Sub Divisional head and they are so expert at networking that they need to search how to ping a IP and I escalated the issue to divisional head he did some ping and trace route that's it. I asked them to involve NIB team to get it working but they didn't contacted them. I'll ask them talk to Raipur NOC rather than NIB.

Back