is it necessary to have xstream fiber installation at all?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rama Venkat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2,052
  1. Airtel installation team should be able to pull fiber cable though the same conduit that is used for copper (even after some loss, speed will be better than existing copper) . That's how wires were laid out in my house. They just tied fiber to existing copper wire and pulled it.
  2. Airtel will stop copper at some point of time
  3. For your usage, you can probably use wireless (4G, probably 5G by the time copper is turned off) .

Considering the fiber's inability to sharp bends and bend loss, I won't suggest having it inside walls.
I have pulled my fiber inside the walls with around five 90 degree bends and still get around -9 to -9.5 dbm, so i think these losses are negligible and not much

@Nithishsaba You are right fiber loss is negligible in most cases. The issue arises when the bend is sharp. Even a 90-degree sharp bend can break the fiber. Practically the bend on conduit is not that sharp if it's not forcefully pulled from ends.

Fiber can go around bends provided the cable itself is not stretched tight in an absolute 90 deg angle. If it is goes loose around the bend it won't break. Also, fiber loops should not wound tighter than 10 cm in diameter.

Back