Is your current mobile plan better than the offerings from Reliance Jio for your usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 90
  • Views Views 32,501

Do you plan to migrate your primary number to Reliance Jio?

• Total voters
^ Don't forget to renew the ₹300 discount after three months. You can do it as long as you want unless TRAI bans retention offers.
Three or six? (Asking seriously)

Why trai bans? Are they planning?

@Adidam It depends upon what they offer. Might be three or six or lifetime if you're old customer but yes you can reactivate again if it's a limited time waiver.

Why trai bans? Are they planning?

It's just the hue and cry from Jio on retention offers. So far TRAI's decisions have favored Jio so who knows :D

@manojrk If mine is expiring soon. What's the procedure to re-activate the retention offers?

Secondly, What do you think if TRAI bars the retention offers?

@Adidam Call 121 and ask them to transfer you to retention dept.

I don't think TRAI will outright ban the retention offers. It is here to stay since that's how these companies are able to keep customers from porting out.

@manojrk Rightly said. Retention won't face out.

Secondly, Whenever I ask them. They say that we cannot directly transfer you to the retention dpt. What to do?

^ If that's the case then generate a porting code and wait for them to call you :)

You have to raise a cancellation request for them to call I guess. I got a call from them only after I requested them to cancel my connection.

So after using my primary number on Jio for the last 5 months, I've decided to port out.

Indoor coverage at my workplace is absolutely pathetic. The network completely goes out when I'm inside in meeting rooms, because of which I remain unreachable during business hours. I even emailed them about the seriousness of this issue, as this is my primary number; they requested 3 weeks' time to improve the signal strengths, but even after a whole month there has been no improvement. When I sent the port out request yesterday, I got a call from their retention team asking me, again, to give them more time! Pathetic! :idontcare:

Needless to say, the 5 month experience on Jio was quite mixed. I got excellent speeds and coverage at home, but very very poor coverage at my work, with zero coverage inside meeting rooms.

^ A friend of mine complained about same thing. His apartment was not getting good coverage in lower floors. so they took permission from apartment owners and installed some sort of signal booster on apartment terrace. They also pay some money towards electricity charge

Back