Looks like MTNL server down and out

• Thread starter Thread starter stuge
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 70
  • Views Views 8,827
Are u testing speed on intl servers. Bcoz Mumbai gives me 1.8 mbps but any intl server gives me between 50-400 kbps

i suppose ur problem is IP problem. during cable failure they might have restricted speeds on IPs and in ur case they might have forgotten to remove restriction for ur IP range. just my guess

But once in a while it peaks to 220 KBps........and it fluctuates to 2 KBps next second then 10 then 5 then 100 then 8 then 6 and so on. Had they restricted speeds on an IP range then, it shouldnt go above a fixed value.

Lol everything is going wrong with me .See this ..HEHEH ADSL Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed 384 kbps 256 kbps Line Attenuation 63 db 15.5 db Noise Margin 6 db 11 dbAcc to 1504 :My complaint is still pending.Not sure what the he MTNL is Upto ..My brother who lives in South -west delhi is also getting 10kpbs speeds .Looks like many MTNL servers are down .Downstream changes with every routor reboot ..somtimes its 450kpbs or its 10kpbs and SNR is sometimes 1db ..lol

My internet connection was down from Wed. 20th Feb about 10 AM till today, Fri. 22nd Feb. 3 PM. Regular followup with the local exchange and 1504 could not elicit any clear reply except that complaint is registered and some work is on. Finally, got a staff to tell me that their 'server' is down and they need time. It seems a large area in the western suburbs was affected for varying length of time. I am finally on since afternoon today. Usual speeds and things look OK now.

@boygr8speed restriction might be in effect under certain conditions and automatically lifted when, say load is low. again this is what i guess, because u said indian sites are working at decent speed.@snpeximtouchwood (everyone) and read! i didnt face any problem. lallubhai exchange but VLPL servers.also u have (had?) IPTV, was it working when servers were down?

am getting 1.8 mbps on International servers right now..i think today the connection is better, yesterday there was some problems:)

sadly situation is same for me.@boygr8speed restriction might be in effect under certain conditions and automatically lifted when, say load is low. again this is what i guess, because u said indian sites are working at decent speed.I have checked even at 4 am morning and almost all times throughout the day. Only me and ashish goel are facing this problem.And if any check any Indian server(Airtel,Sify MTNL) i get 220 KBps constant

Back