Low speed issue in Reliance Jio Fiber

ISP
BSNL
i am from ranchi and i installed jio fiber today.they say in free trail speed is 150mbps but i am getting currently 40 mbps..what should i do to increase the speed?

Over mobile devices, it will not be more than 30%. Try connecting your laptop with erhernet cable and check the speed over it.

Upvote 0
This is Jio's and Hathway's main problem, they promise speeds on LAN, even I was going for Jio but when I asked them about the speed on wifi the Jio technical guy told me that they can't promise speeds on wifi as it can range from 30 to 100 Mbps if we are opting for 100 Mbps plan, and Airtel guy promised me that he'll get me speeds over 100 Mbps over wifi.

I have installed XStream Fiber and whenever I am nearby the router on 5GHz band I get speeds of about 120 125 Mbps download/upload on mobile and laptop and on 2.4 Ghz the speeds are in range of 90 to 105 Mbps

Upvote 0
Over mobile devices, it will not be more than 30%. Try connecting your laptop with erhernet cable and check the speed over it.
This is Jio's and Hathway's main problem, they promise speeds on LAN, even I was going for Jio but when I asked them about the speed on wifi the Jio technical guy told me that they can't promise speeds on wifi as it can range from 30 to 100 Mbps if we are opting for 100 Mbps plan, and Airtel guy promised me that he'll get me speeds over 100 Mbps over wifi.

I have installed XStream Fiber and whenever I am nearby the router on 5GHz band I get speeds of about 120 125 Mbps download/upload on mobile and laptop and on 2.4 Ghz the speeds are in range of 90 to 105 Mbps
Something wrong with your connection, peeps.

This is my Wifi speed test (over Fast.com) 2 days back:

tjabUfZ.jpg

Speedtest.net is around 300-350 Mbps.

On the iPad, around 300 Mbps, and my phone (P2XL), around 240 Mbps.

I do use my own AP via Orbi (RBK50).

Edit: I am on Diamond+ plan, and all devices are connected to 5ghz.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Something wrong with your connection, peeps.

This is my Wifi speed test (over Fast.com) 2 days back:

tjabUfZ.jpg

Speedtest.net is around 300-350 Mbps.

On the iPad, around 300 Mbps, and my phone (P2XL), around 240 Mbps.

I do use my own AP via Orbi (RBK50).

Edit: I am on Diamond+ plan, and all devices are connected to 5ghz.
You are on Diamond+ plan and even checking the speed over laptop. Check the same on your mobile device, I'm sure you won't get more than 200 Mbps.
I'm having old Silver plan (100 Mbps plan), I usually get over 95 Mbps over laptop and not more than 40 Mbps on my mobile.
Basically it all depends on your plan and the device configuration.

Upvote 0

Back