Mahendra Singh Dhoni Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 128
  • Views Views 37,065
Chennai Superkings and Kolkata Team are the favourites to win the IPL league :thumbsup:I like both the teams and I ll support both the Teams :yahoo:

I am with you too asdfgf in supporting the team. I wish that in the SuperKings vs Mumbai team match we defeat Mumbai team in both home and away match.

New Delhi: Indian One-Day International and Twenty20 skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni has opted out of India's Test series against Sri Lanka.

Dhoni has been given a break from his hectic schedule by the Board of Control for Cricket in India Selection Committee, which announced the Test team on Tuesday.

Yuvraj Singh, who was part of the Test team during India's tour to Australia, has been dropped with S Sreesanth also not in the 16-member squad.

The team will be led by leg-spinner Anil Kumble with Virender Sehwag being made the vice-captain in Dhoni's absence.

India's first Test against Sri Lanka begins on July 23 in Colombo.

Midway through the Asia Cup in Pakistan recently, Dhoni had spoken about fatigue as a result of back-to-back-matches.

Dhoni hectic schedule started with India's 80-day tour of the United Kingdom in July 2007, followed by the Twenty20 World Championships in South Africa, an ODI series against Australia and a Test and ODI series against Pakistan at home, a more-than-a-two-month long tour Down Under, a Test series against South Africa, and then the the Indian Premier League (IPL).

And soon after the 44-day IPL ended where the Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings reached the final, India played a tri-series in Bangladesh and then took part in the Asia Cup, both times India were the runners-up.

Dhoni had criticised the hectic scheduling of games during the Asia Cup, in which India had to play back-to-back games twice.

India's coach Gary Kirsten, writing on his website, had also expressed concern about packed schedules and how important it was for key players like Dhoni to take a break.

The squad: Anil Kumble (C), Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, Sourav Ganguly, Harbhajan Singh, VVS Laxman, Virender Sehwag (V-C), Gautam Gambhir, Pragyaj Ojha, Ishant Sharma, Dinesh Karthik, Zaheer Khan, Munaf Patel, Rohit Sharma, Parthiv Patel, RP Singh.
Yuvraj dropped, tired Dhoni opts out of SL Test series

Dhoni deserved the break ... Yuvi deserved to be kicked out of team .. He need to fix his knee asap ... Not sure y sreesanth is not a part of team .. Any word abt him? Is he injured?

Sreesanth he is not fully fit and expected to be fit for the ODI series and i am happy that yuvraj was dropped in test as he is not a good player of spinner and now lanka has got 2 quality spinner Murali and Mendis and it will be difficult for him to tackle them both in the longer version of the game. Last but not least its good that Dhoni opted out of the test series for a break and i hope other players also do the same when they feel they need a rest.......As you said and i agree with you that Dhoni deserve this break........:thumbsup:

lets see how many ad assignments does Dhoni make in this vacation!

Dhoni to receive Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
August 4, 2008

Mahendra Singh Dhoni, India's one-day and Twenty20 captain, has been chosen for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award, the country's highest honour for a sportsperson. He is the second cricketer after Sachin Tendulkar to receive the award. Dhoni led India to victory in the World Twenty20 in South Africa last year and the tri-series in Australia in 2008.

"We are very happy. He has represented the country with distinction, and deserves the honour," Sharad Pawar, the BCCI president, said. "His exemplary leadership and demeanour under pressure, especially in the Twenty20 World Cup and the tri-series in Australia, has made him an ideal role model for millions of young Indians who want to make a mark in life."

BCCI chief administrative officer Ratnakar Shetty said what impressed him most about Dhoni was the way he conducted himself. "What I like most about him, apart from his cricket, is the way he leads," Shetty said. "He is a cool customer and never gets agitated. He displays clarity of thought and speaks his mind even if it may not be seen in the right sense."

An official announcement would follow after August 20.

Cricinfo - Dhoni to receive Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna

I too agree that he is a good sports person.But i feel sad(abt indian system) that he got such an award at such an early age. Dhoni has a lot of future in indian cricket. He needs to get involved in many serious situations( Worldcups and tours) where he should show his improvement and mettle.what i mean to say is , this is the most prestegious award to be given to any sportsperson in the country. They should not just consider his present performance (only played 1 world cup, 1 T20 world cup) and decide . Whats the hurry?

Back